Thread: Mail redirection question

Default Mail redirection question

How does one go about redirecting mail without :-

1. Having to pay Royal Mail £111 + to send all your mail & spam to NZ.

2. Putting a willing relative out to filter & post the darn stuff at great expense.

What if like me your going to leave the UK not knowing your forward mailing address, can post boxes be arranged in advance in NZ when you know at least which town your heading to?

What's the best option folks?

Why is it that when you post a message as above and then google adds follows on with a box full of adds for the service I just asked about . . . . can we trust the links? I must be a cyber cynic - have a deep distrust of pop up type advertising and all it's disguises.
    BTW is there a way of not seeing all those annoying adverts in between posts?

TTFN

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarian View Post
    google adds follows on with a box full of adds for the service I just asked about . . . . can we trust the links?

BTW is there a way of not seeing all those annoying adverts in between posts?

Hello there,
    This forum uses Google Adwords i.e. google automatically scans contents of this page/thread and displays relevant ads. The owners of such adwords pay Google whenever a link is clicked & directed to their website. In-turn, Google pays a small share of amount for each click to this forum, which in a way sponsors for us to have this forum (moderator will correct me if wrong).

These ads are as much reliable as google search, similar to dettol hand wash ad banner on streets or roads, how much it cleanses doesn't change by the no. of ads.

Well, I don't think you can skip these unless the forum is revamped.

Hope that helps.

Hi
    Not sure how you get around the situation with not paying royal mail or burdening a reliative but yes you can set up a PO box from UK but give thm enough notice I tried to do it in a week impossible but 2-3 weeks is fine also Royal mail take a week to set up the redirection, we only did ours for 3 months, you can do 6 or 12 and royal mial give you the option to extend!

Thanks Janey,
    I'll have a go at getting a PO Box in Whangamata before I leave . . . will report back on the procedure.

Not sure if I'm a bit late, but here's what I have done.

Made all people who will continue sending me things I want (ie banks, landlord insurance etc) communicate with me electronically - this even worked for one of my magazines which I will now get elecrtronically!

All other post is on redirect to a relative for 3 months. I will get this kind soul to tell me what they have and I will gradually stop it all - catalogues/old car insurance advertising etc.

I can't see what other mail I will recieve that I will want forwarding to me.

Very sensible . . . . . why didn't I think of that . . . . . must be a blonde moment . . . . hang on - I'm brunette?"!