Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Horsey Stuff: Saddles, Rugs, etc.

Hiya

Will post when our stuff gets to Christchurch - our shipment left 4 weeks ago (container currently in Singapore docks being shifted to a different ship for the final leg - it's great being able to keep tabs on where it is!).

I have shipped two saddles, several bridles, half a dozen rugs (some new - out of packaging, slightly scuffed up so as not to look new!) and lots of other bits and bobs. I cleaned everything as well as I could - removed all hair and straw/hay seeds, and then everything that could take Jeyes Fluid on it, was cleaned with it!

I did weed out some of the more used boots and rugs, I just didn't think it worth the risk. I spoke to a contact (a Kiwi eventer based here in the UK) and he said doing what I've done should be fine.

I am expecting MAF charges for a lot of the items - so I will keep you posted with how much I do get charged.

Kirstie

I packed my riding boots and paddock shoes but MAF was more interested in our Christmas lights than my footwear. I suspect saddles, bridles, etc will be looked at more closely.

Thanks for the info so far guys, Krustalia, look forward to your update when your stuff arrives. I'll post if I find out anything more--thanks!

Three people who have lived near me have all brought horses and gear from the UK. The one who is still nearby brought all her tack. She had no problems that I know of, just made sure all her gear was clean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12