Thread: What to say on support Letters from friends for WP under Partnership?

Default What to say on support Letters from friends for WP under Partnership?

Hi,

I am about to start collating evidence for my work permit application under partnership. We plan to ask our friends to provide us a support letter that we are in a stable and genuine relationship etc. I am not 100% sure what exactly they need to say, has anyone got any samples? It would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Claire

This is what my sister-in-law wrote:

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to testify that [Jo Jo], who is in a long-term relationship with and is engaged to my brother [D], visited New Zealand in January 2007 to meet his family and close friends. We all enjoyed meeting [Jo Jo] and getting to know her, and found her to be a wonderful, intelligent, highly-educated, warm and caring person.

All of [D]'s family and friends are looking forward to both of them returning to New Zealand later in the year to start a business together and settle permanently in New Zealand.

Yours truly

I wrote similar letters for Australian immigration for 3 separate sets of friends : (all in genuine relationshps, I hasn't to add!) a while back, and put something like:

"I have known A since [year] and B since [year]. They have been in a relationship since [year], and having known them the whole time I can testify that it is stable, warm and genuine. They have also been living together since [year] in a jointly-rented unit at [address], and both have skills that Australia can benefit from in the long-term."

Of course, only one of those sets of friends is still together and happily married now (still in Australia) too. The others are still in Australia too though, having either married a different Aussie or become one..