Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is my container?!

Default Where is my container?!

I've been following my ship merrily via www.marinetraffic.com, and now it won't show up on the map - has it sunk?

Does anyone have any tips on how to find it? It was last seen heading into the med towards Suez

eeeeek!

Has it re-appeared yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbriana View Post
    I've been following my ship merrily via www.marinetraffic.com, and now it won't show up on the map - has it sunk?

Does anyone have any tips on how to find it? It was last seen heading into the med towards Suez
    I found marine traffic to be the best (free) tracking site for the southern hemishpere. http://www.vesseltracker.com worked pretty well until the ship hit AUS, so you might give it a try.

Mine disappeared from Bitter Lake in Suez as well.....

HOwever as I am now sitting on my own sofa it did not sink. I think some of the sites depend upon where there is coverage. I just checked Maersk sites for addition of times on loading /unloading days. But it was frustrating.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Can someone tell me what information you needed to track your shipment? My shippers are telling me they can't track it

you need the ship it was put on or the call sign of the ship

Mine disappeared as it passed Somalia, I wonder why! If I was a ship's captain I would turn off tracking in pirate infested waters too!
    Mine reappeared ten days later in Reunion off Madagascar, it has gone again but I assume it's because there aren't any ham radio types in the middle of the Indian ocean
    My container is on "Msc Rafaela", and it's late already

I couldnt find mine for 12 weeks at one point. It turned out it was on holiday. First it decided instead of leaving immediatly it would chill out in Cardiff Bay for 8 weeks, then cruise the med for another 3 weeks before going to Singapour. Then it went to Darwin, then Perth, then decided to go back to Singapour before coming to NZ via Sydney. It was very refreshed from its break!

eeeek!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast