Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help deciding where to go for a month :)

Due to some options being closed out, I've taken Hanmer Springs.

Booked a room at YHA for $200/week. However, I read reviews on google maps complaining about them missing out on/messing up reservations. Is there any way to make sure they keep mine? I did everything on the phone and thus if I show up a week for now and they mess things up, I really don't have proof of anything. And I will be royally screwed if they do mess things up, because they're my only accommodation option. No other place there gives such good discount rates for a month.

Can you get them to confirm your booking by email or snailmail?

What reason could I give for that? I don't want to sound like I don't trust them...

You don't need to give a reason other than, 'Please confirm the details of my booking for my records.'

Really, that's a common and accepted request here? Bear in mind I haven't paid anything - she told me I could pay upon arrival.

I can't see any harm at all in asking that.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I can't see any harm at all in asking that.
    Absolutely - last time I stayed at the YHA at Lake Tekapo, I booked from the UK online about 3 months beforehand and then emailed them to request confirmation closer to the time. I got a reply with no problems and I didn't say why I wanted the confirmation, just that I wanted it (please, thank you very much ). I took the email with me when I went to the reception on arrival and paid for my booking then. They didn't ask to see that email, but I felt reassured that I had it, just in case they had cocked up the booking or something.

Ask and ye shall receive!

P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12