Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer in NZ?

Default Warhammer in NZ?

Here's a question from my 10 year old son - "does anyone play Warhammer in New Zealand?" Are there any clubs in schools for this or any Warhammer shops around? He loves fantasy adventure stuff whether it's books, films, computer games or model making and it would be great if he could find some friends with similar interests (he's never going to be a rugby player!)

Cheers

Fiona

It looks as though there's something going on. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...=&oq=&gs_rfai= You'll probably hear more from people there later on.

In rummaging through all the stuff in the loft we need to sell on ebay before or when we arrive in Wellington in January- I realise my two boys [now in their 20s] have lots of Warhammer stuff. They were into it here in the UK, maybe I can ask them to part with it and sell it - does Warhammer exist in NZ?

It is such a discrete cult following here in the UK.

From Mamee & co's oh, A full range of Games Workshop stuff is available in NZ, from both independant stockists and "toy world" but they are a bit more expensive - Assault on Black Reach was £50 in GB and $140 in NZ. Looks like gaming is a popular hobby here. Hope that helps

I spotted these guys when I was on my way to Immigration(!) on Friday:

http://wargames.co.nz

Wargames Supply, Shop 38, Downstairs, BNZ Centre, 1 Willis St, Wellington - Right next to the Food court

Phone 04 473 7350

Well now I have one very happy young man! Thanks so much for all your help.

Milkybarkid, I grew up on Merseyside and have two sons in their twenties too! (Sadly not coming with us, but giving it some serious thought so you never know). It would be nice to meet up when you get over (we are heading out in October) and if your sons want to get rid of any warhammer I'm sure Patrick would be interested, but I know my eldest is 27 and still keeping his collection!

Cheers

Fiona

Fiona
    All being well we'll arrive in welly early Jan
    so if you are in that area be good to meet up -PM me
    we are originally from Anfield, but now been on the Wirral for 30 years!
    Our two 'boys' are 25 & 26 and not coming with us but I'm hopeful they may change their mind in a year or two!
    best of luck

There's a shop in Takapuna, North Shore, Auckland that sells Warhammer. Not sure of the prices though.

There's a store in Courtenay Place, next to the Reading Cinemas - Wellington. It seems like they have a lot of workshops there as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast