Thread: Anyone any experience of loading Container in rain?

Default Anyone any experience of loading Container in rain?

Hi all,

Well had the packers in today and the BIG container comes tomorrow..

Such mixed emotions.

When the guys arrived today I couldnt even go greet them at the door - made OH do that.. Couldnt hold back the tears... Spent most of the day sobbing!!

It is LASHING rain here - has been all day. All fingers crossed that we will have some dry spells tomorrow to load container.

Anyone ever load a container in the pours of it.

Am dreading the boxes will get soaked and be three months getting mouldy?!

Got soaked today walking around to all the neighbours asking them to move cars etc!
    Last edited by NAP; 7th September 2010 at 07:30 AM.

Awww... ((())) I'm sure the packers have the necessary to keep everything dry for you, but here's hoping for plenty of bright intervals.

Totally understand the crying - my movers turned up and spent half an hour reassuring me, making me tea and being lovely in general.

It started raining just as they started loading on day 2 but they managed well and things got loaded dry. Don't worry - they know what they're doing. Best of luck. x

Hello, wouldn't worry too much about the wet getting in as everything is packed so well to protect it!
    We didn't have our container loaded in rain but we were snowed in at the time and the packers had to load everything whilst wading through several inches of snow from the house. They had to use a tractor to pull the small lorry they had to use up to our house (and out of a ditch) and they had to walk a mile from the main road to our house themselves. Everywhere was wet and dirty in the end but when everything was unpacked it was all fine. No damp or mould at all, just funny to see the dirty packaging on some of our items, three months later. So I wouldn't worry too much, hope it all went well! You will look back and laugh in retrospect!