Thread: Tuakau vs Rotorua

Default Tuakau vs Rotorua

hi all,

adv pls:

2 jobs- one in Rotorua, but quite low salary but enough for a reasonable quality of life. Might not be able to get away to pacific islands though on that salary.
    other in Tuakau- good salary.

really confused!!!!

dont know much about Tuakau though must admit. from various post sounds like a rough area.

any suggestions

Hello and welcome. Hope some people with first-hand knowledge will be along to help out shortly.

Hi there,

Limited knowledge of Tuakau (I have been there once about 10 years ago) and I would say it would be classed as less rough than Rotorua.

You could live anywhere in the surrounding areas, you're closer to Auckland but property may be more expensive.

Rotorua is a low socio economic area, high percentage of Maori residents (some 30%, which is a lot higher than the national average), has a few smelly spots due to sulphur activity but there are some nice areas with affordable housing (but also some million dollar homes too).

I would say they both have their merits. I live in Rotorua and love it here. There is so much to see and do, close to the Mount and Whakatane/Ohope for the beaches, close to Taupo and the mountains for ski-ing.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Tuakau can help you with that area.

And there are heaps of immigrants in Rotorua as the crown research institute Scion seems to be a major employer of immigrants and the council and hospital are doing their bit too!

I'm just here basically to echo what Ally has said. I live in Rotorua & love it here, so would recommend it (but I am biaised ). I can't comment at all about Tuakau, I'm afraid my knowledge of the place extends to being able to point it out on a map...just about.

Nice to have the choice though . I hope that someone else will be along in a little while to give you some info about Tuakau.

Hi guys,
    thanks for comments.
    Looked on trademe.co.nz for rental properties- both places have similar rents. we are only there for 9 months so would just rent (preferably) fully furnished.

anybody living in or near Tuakau??

thanks

Hi there, Have to agree with Cate & Ally
    We also live in Rotorua and love it here, and yes, we are biased too!