Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Fern: Job Search complete!

Cool Silver Fern: Job Search complete!

Hello everybody, I was not a member of this forum, it does not mean that I was not around. I was checking postings regularly.

Anyway, I am one of those 300 places in SFV. I work in Clinical Research and Management in the USA (H1B visa). I have experience in India as well. I recently was offered a job in Auckland as a Clinical Research Associate. I am about to sign and send the contract. I applied on August 1st, 2010 And I received offer on September 2nd,2010. It was real fast procedure.I was interviewed by three different employers in a week. I have one more interview scheduled later this month. I think NZ economy is doing great.
    I am joining on November 8, 2010. I am excited and a little concerned about new country, new people, different way of speaking English.

I am grateful to the God. I appreciate people on this forum who are trying to help each other.

I have some questions about SMC. I think I will post them later.

Good Luck with the job search and new ventures.

P.S. If anybody needs some information regarding clinical research recruiting please feel free to contact me.

----------------------------------
    Document sent to London Office on : 07/15/2010
    Visa Approved on : 07/30/2010
    Application started on : 08/01/2010
    Offer received on : 09/01/2010

Hello and welcome.

Fantastic, well done

Congratulate aakash,
    aakash afte getting job r u applying for silver fern experience visa
    or r u going to work in same silver fern job search visa.

congrats akash !!

Welcome and congratulations. Sounds like the process went very smoothly. Good luck with your move

Thanks, Yes it was a real quick process. I think they need more people in Clinical Research. I keep getting emails and interview requests from employers. Please let me know if anybody on this forum works in clinical research. I have many people asking for the referrals.

I am a little concerned about move and new accustoms.But no big issue, I will manage it.

Shazeb: I am planning to apply for SMC directly instead of applying for a SF practical permit. However, I am worried about my job code and title that does not fall in the "Appendix 11" of the manual for skilled workers. I am trying to get more information about how to prove that employment is in " Skilled Category".

How is your job search going on, Shazeb?

Hi Aakash,

As far I know you cant apply for SMC, if your occupation is not in list and then only option you Have is for apply for work permit and after two year apply for residence.

I m not sure just check with senior, by the way how you got job man, I mean how you are able to find job, I feel it is very tough to get job offer from overseas, and I don’t want to give resignation from my current Job and come there for scratching from starting.

Regards
    Shazeb

Hello Shazeb,
    I have already submitted my EOI couple of days ago. I made an enquiry with my VO. He said if my job description matches with one of the occupations on ANZSCO. I am eligible to apply through SMC. There is no condition or any clause on INZ web saying that SFV holders can apply for only SF Practical Visa and not through SMC. I scored 150 points. I hope that points and my qualification, education is enough for an ITA.

The basic thing for SMC or SF Practical Experience visa is that the "employment should be in Skilled category". If it does not fall in the skilled category, we can work for only nine months. I made a thorough search contacted to DOL, ANZSCO, My visa officer as well. Everyone says it is not possible to add every occupation on ANZSCO list. If job description matches one of the occupations in the list. You can apply either SMC or SF Practical visa. I am hoping that SMC will get through with job offer and my skills. I alsoe explained ," Why my occupation is considered as skilled" although it is not on the list.

Job Hunting : I sent my cover letter to prospective employers stating that " You don't need to sponsor my work permit.I can work for any employer in NZ. This is an open work permit". And I got many replies with positive note. I guess employers don't want to sponsor work visa if they have options in NZ itself.

Well, I took the chance, if SMC gets turned down I still can apply for SF practical experience permit.
    I don't rely on the word of mouth on different forums but I check with the official sites and ask questions to the people who work with the INZ. That does not cost anything.

That's it for now. I will let you know about my progress. I am flying to NZ next month.

I understand we don't want to lose our present job. I have turned in my resignation after all contracts and agreements were in place. By the way are you in IT? I guess you are.

Good Luck.
    Akash

Hi Aakash

Thanks for the response and job tips .Am trying to get some job offer
    Basically am working in IT (Software Development). keep in touch and do share
    about your work visa progress.

Regards,
    Shazeb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast