Thread: Transfer the blue stickers?

Default Transfer the blue stickers?

Hello,

My passport was about to expire so I got a new one.
    As far as I know the visas on the old passport are still valid and they don't need to be transferred.
    Can you please tell me if the Returning Resident's Visa has to be transferred to the new passport or will it still be valid on the old one?
    On the sticker it says: "Please apply for transfer of this visa when the passport expires".

Is this a recommendation or a mandatory thing?

Thanks.

I emailed NZIS about this, and they said you have to apply to transfer the visas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post
    I emailed NZIS about this, and they said you have to apply to transfer the visas.
    ... and to pay - of course !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post
    ...but only if you plan on using it i.e. you are leaving NZ on holiday, otherwise it is fine to leave it in your old passport.

Ian

Thanks for the answers.

So if I leave for a holiday I won't be able to enter the country without a visa in my *current* passport?

What happens for example if I leave NZ, lose my passport and get a new one? Do I have to get a NZ returning residence visa from London or another office prior to arriving in NZ?

Thanks.

We're in same position. My Oh went to NZIS in Hamilton and they said don't bother transferring until you go overseas but I've been feeling anxious about it. If we had to make sudden trip back to UK for family for eg. I don't want to be worrying about my passports as well. So we'll be forking out for the transfer asap. despite no plans to travel.