Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interview with INZ today! (+ questions and comments)

Great post! My application is being processed and the interview stage is due any time soon. This post is definitely gonna help me. Thank you so much and wish you all the best!

21/7/11 - EOI Submitted Online (150 Points and no job offer)
    27/7/11 - EOI Selected
    11/8/11 - ITA Received
    06/12/11 - SMC app and Docs sent to Shanghai
    24/2/12 - CO Assigned
    4/4/12 - further info sent

Thanks maaricou for this well organized doc! Really helpful. Thanks once again!

Hello and welcome.

Hello maariou,

Maluchie here...a newcomer.

Does the google doc that you prepared is still available?

Quote Originally Posted by maaricou View Post
    When preparing for the interview I read a lot of relevant posts here and gathered questions from 3-4 lists published in threads. I organized them in this google doc. I deleted our personal answers, but left the general info available in the Internet and suggestions. We had our telephone interview this week. The caseworker spoke to me and my husband separately and told not to turn the loudspeaker on. Printed out Q&A sheets (we had 4) helped a lot. We were asked questions from every section. Our interview was about 35 minutes. The next day we got a positive response
    Thank you very much for providing lots of helpful info here. I hope the document I prepared will be of help to someone as well. Good luck!

maaricou has not posted on the forum since that one post you quote, so is unlikely to see your question.

If you want to prepare for interview, I suggest you look at this old thread http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398, which gives many people's listings, and links to yet more threads with questions. It doesn't matter that the posts are quite old, since the ground covered by the CO's questions is always based on the same instructions. The only new areas to have been mentioned recently have been on how the applicant thinks their industry in NZ has been affected by the global financial situation, and what effect the applicant thinks immigration may be having on NZ society (which you can research by Googling NZ Herald articles).

JandM - thanks a lot for your reply!

great post! TY! out of curiosity, are either of you NZ citizens living elsewhere?

If you're asking me, then no - I'm British, with grandchildren growing up in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you're asking me, then no - I'm British, with grandchildren growing up in NZ.
    I was asking the OP but appreciate your answer too. I just like to try figure out how much of interviews will still apply to those that already have one NZ citizen in the mix vs. both looking to become residents

If one of a couple is a NZer, they're very unlikely to be interviewed - the non NZer can be sponsored for Residence by their partner, so they only have to prove their partnership, and all this settlement and work aspect doesn't apply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123