Thread: Black ink for medicals?

Default Black ink for medicals?

I brought four black ink pens with me to my medical today, somehow my doctor managed to switch pens without me noticing and now most of it is filled out in blue aaaaargh is this really going to be an issue?! Probably not right? My husband says I should get it all re-done, but I can't believe that would be needed? I know I'm focusing on the details but there are so many details to focus on!

In other news I found out from my son's nz medical x-ray that he has a nipple peircing ..ewwww..not something he wanted me to find out! He also has some minor abnormalities on the x-ray, so another can of worms is opening, at least this nz medical is going to give us a more detailed picture of our family's health than we would've ever found in our normal doctor's visits!

So tell me blue ink will be accepted (even if our standard of health isn't!)

We completed our forms while during the medicals with the forms on our laps. My hand writings not good at the best of times and the forms didn't look pretty at the end.

For the £700 that we were charged I think they should have completed the forms or at least let me fill it in using crayons if I wanted.

No idea. My gut feel is they are trying to avoid red, green, pink, or some colour that may not copy cleanly.

Suggest you write skilledmigrantslondon@dol.govt.nz and ask. They answered questions for me before CO assigned.

Barring that, perhaps a high quality copy that looks like original (though I would not recommend that if already signed)....

Portions of the medicals that I filled in were in black ink, but our MD completed his comments in blue and there were no comments on his choice of ink by either our CO or the MA. Might just have been luck, but I doubt you've much to worry about.

Thanks everyone, I'll probaby find the silliest things to worry about until those medicals are mailed. Good to hear from someone who got through with black and blue! I needed to hear that. This process forces you to micro-manage...my son didn't want me in the room during his medical and now I have to return to get many parts of his paperwork signed and corrected that were missed by the doc. I imagine by the fifth family member to do the medical we'll have the right colour ink and right places signed!