Thread: reccie trip

Default reccie trip

hi guys we are coming out to activate our visa as they will expire feb, so while waiting for a buyer for the house we decided to come out october 21st for 2 weeks to have a scout about. Last time we came we concentrated on auckland, but this time we want to travel to coromandel and tauranga.

So if anyone can share some expeirences of these places , i.e. nice neighbourhoods work agencies etc especialy if anyone is in property maintence as thats the line my husband is in would be greatly appreciated

thanks Belle

Hi Neil & Bella. We live in Whitianga oin the Coromandel and just love it here. However, I do know of a few that have moved up this neck of the woods and found it much to quiet for their liking.
    The town only has a permanent population of around 4500, but this swells massively around the holiday periods, specially xmas. There are a huge number of holiday homes here, and they all need maintenance. That said, there are also a lot of tradesmen in the region who have moved here for the lifestyle, so that means a lot of competition.
    I am a newly self employed painter and am quite surprised just how much work I am getting despite the recession. I dont think I would have jumped in the deep end and gone it alone imediately after moving here 5 years ago, as being a small community, getting to know people is a big pasrt of getting work.
    Also, be aware that changes are on the way with regard to regulating builders here. It is very different to the uk building game in a number of ways. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info on this little piece of paradise.
    Are you travelling as a couple or are you mob handed? If just the two of you, we may be able to provide a stopover point for a few days

I can recommend Coromandel town for a lovely relaxing stay, try Why Worry Stay n Fish, a B&B that thinks it's an upmarket motel with fishing charters, tremendous views and excellent food just outside the town.
    Look me up when you get close I should be settling into Whangamata by the time you arrive.

All the best : )

Aquarian. What are you going to be doing in Whanga?
    Sorry. Ignore that silly question, as I just looked at your profile. We will drop by and say hi one day.

Please do, when I take over of course . . . will be delighted to meet up with fellow forumites