Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Triglycerides

Default High Triglycerides

Hi! My SM Application is in process and is in last stages, all my reports are normal except high triglycerides (Slightly high)! Any chances of rejection of application due to that?

Hello and welcome.

Has the doctor marked your medical as having 'abnormal findings'? And/Or has your medical been referred to the MA? If 'yes' to the first question, you will find it'll be 'yes' to the second as well, even if it hasn't happened yet. But even if this happens, you will probably be asked for some more blood tests, just to check what's going on. Your triglyceride level can be affected by what you've eaten shortly before a test, so if you have to have another one, it would probably be a good idea to eat healthily for several days beforehand. http://www.webmd.boots.com/cholester...yceride-levels

Here in Appendix 10 are the no-nos for acceptance (and don't feature things like this). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Has the doctor marked your medical as having 'abnormal findings'? And/Or has your medical been referred to the MA? If 'yes' to the first question, you will find it'll be 'yes' to the second as well, even if it hasn't happened yet. But even if this happens, you will probably be asked for some more blood tests, just to check what's going on. Your triglyceride level can be affected by what you've eaten shortly before a test, so if you have to have another one, it would probably be a good idea to eat healthily for several days beforehand. http://www.webmd.boots.com/cholester...yceride-levels

Here in Appendix 10 are the no-nos for acceptance (and don't feature things like this). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm
    Hi thanks for the reply. Actually my BMI is 28, so thats probably the reason that they asked for it.

Oh for a BMI of 28!!

Quote Originally Posted by francis1962 View Post
    Oh for a BMI of 28!!
    Yes it can happen!

Hi Mustav, my partner had slightly high cholesterol as well, they just had her retest. Eat a lot of oatmeal, drink gallons of green tea, stay away from eggs, and give it a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by redsheesha View Post
    Hi Mustav, my partner had slightly high cholesterol as well, they just had her retest. Eat a lot of oatmeal, drink gallons of green tea, stay away from eggs, and give it a couple weeks
    U mean they are gonna ask me for a repeat test later on after some time? Gotta stay away from eggs then! Thanks

Did they refer you to the MA?

If you don't have any other medical issues, they'll likely just ask you for a re-rest, unless they've referred you to the MA like JandM is asking. In either case, it's a good idea to eat foods that lower cholesterol while avoiding those that raise them. My OH saw a good drop in her numbers after she did those things, but everyone's different - it depends on why your cholesterol is high. My dad has a bad problem with it but he eats really healthy - doc says it's genetic so he has to take cholesterol medicine and drink green tea every day. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Did they refer you to the MA?
    Yes i think they did!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast