Thread: Doctors - whats the system for interns, where can i apply?

Default Doctors - whats the system for interns, where can i apply?

Does anyone here on the forum knows about the health system in NZ for doctors. I am an International medical graduate and just newly graduated. will be doing soon the required exams such as IELTS and Australian MCQ then NZREX clinical. wondered if i could get a job even unpaid while doing the exams and whats the system for interns, where can i apply etc.

I want to be able to come NZ and stay for good on job offer to apply for the immigration thing, because it does require a job offer i think.
    I did read the medical council website but its all about exams, nothing is mentioned about internships. and is it easy to get a placement in a hospital as an intern once am certified ? doesnt matter if it was rural.

Plz need advice. Thanks

Well this makes interesting reading with regards Dr's and nurses in NZ....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...th-fewer-staff

I for one just see this as a cost cutting exercise that will place even more strain on a health system that it in need of expenditure rather than cuts.

kejktfc

These people may be able to help you

http://careers.adhb.govt.nz/

Regards
    Gran

I came across one doctor from overseas in Wellington Hospital who was waiting for his registration etc to be processed - exams, qualifications to be reviewed, etc etc ... and he was working NOT as a medical doctor but as a phlebotomist while he waited. :-)

I may be able to help. I work in a hospital here in NZ as a doctor. Feel free to PM me.