Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partnership evidence for Work Permit

Default Partnership evidence for Work Permit

Hi,

For my work permit application under partnership, I am in the process of collating evidence for our relationship. I have just moved in with my kiwi boyfriend (we’ve been together a year in Oct) and please could anyone tell me that the following evidence is enough to support the application?

SHOWING BOTH OF OUR NAMES:
    Phone/internet bill;
    Flight E-ticket;
    Guest feedback on hotels internet from our weekend trips;
    Activities certificates;
    Christmas/Birthday/Valentine’s/Easter/New Home cards (sent to each other and sent to us);

PLUS
    Photos since started dating;
    Plenty of support letters from families and friends;
    Facebook showing “Relationship Status” and public recognition from friends;
    Various email invitations for family dinner.

We are currently living in a small unit above his mother house as she owns both properties so we don’t have a rental agreement as we are planning to move into a bigger house.

Is the above is okay? Is there anything else I should include?

Cheers,
    Claire

Looks like you have plenty. You can also draft up a joint rental agreement, templates available online, even if his mum own the unit. Another thing which would pop in mind would be any emails you have sent each other, itemised phone bills with numbers if you have any!!

i would grab some kind of tenancy agreement from your partners mother to add to your stack and then that will be ample!

It sounds like you have a lot there! When you submit it, index and label/tab everything...they took only 2 days to review and approve mine and commented when I thanked them profusely that the organization made it simple and quick to review it. (I had my application, sponsor form, police & medical certs and then back up documentation all in a 3-ring binder to make it easy to follow. I also wrote on the back of all the pictures of us together as to who was in the photo (his Mom/Dad or mine...my sister, which friends, the date and location).

My thought was to make their job easy so they wouldn't push mine aside at the first missing piece of material or question to look at another.

Best of luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait View Post
    It sounds like you have a lot there! When you submit it, index and label/tab everything...they took only 2 days to review and approve mine and commented when I thanked them profusely that the organization made it simple and quick to review it. (I had my application, sponsor form, police & medical certs and then back up documentation all in a 3-ring binder to make it easy to follow. I also wrote on the back of all the pictures of us together as to who was in the photo (his Mom/Dad or mine...my sister, which friends, the date and location).

My thought was to make their job easy so they wouldn't push mine aside at the first missing piece of material or question to look at another.

Best of luck!!!
    Hi cantwait,

You came up with some good suggestions, so thanks for that! When you collated the evidence, did you photocopy and get them certified before submitting the application?

Cheers,
    Claire

Hi Claire,
    Yes. I included certified photocopies and certified translations where they asked for it...and kepy copies for my records. Good luck!

hi

I'm about to apply for WTR through the family stream, I have evidence that we own propert together and joint bank account, marriage certificate, bills that go to the same address from when we have move etc. do we need photos aswell?

Everything additional helps(they word it something like, "the oweness is on you to provide evidence").

I included many pics and wrote on the back of all of them as to who was in the photo (his Mom/Dad or mine...my sister, which friends) as well as the date and location

Quote Originally Posted by Mala V View Post
    hi

I'm about to apply for WTR through the family stream, I have evidence that we own propert together and joint bank account, marriage certificate, bills that go to the same address from when we have move etc. do we need photos aswell?
    I have the impression that it is much easier when you are married. When we did it for my wife we submitted no photos at all.

No, these days being married does not make a great deal of difference to a partnership application. Many married forumites have told of requests for more evidence - it's quite a surprise for some of the parent sponsorship applicants, some of whom have been married for 40+ years, to be asked to prove that they actually live together. (It used to be the case a few years back that it was only married partners who were eligible not to have to go through the points system.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast