Thread: Planning a recce

Default Planning a recce

Well, I was hoping to avoid the time and expense, but I guess it was inevitable; I need to plan a recon trip. I've come close but not close enough with employers who would like me to be able to say that I have indeed visited NZ and that I am truly interested in relocating (a fair enough request on their part, IMHO). I'm looking for work in a university or polytechnic, and I would like to visit some schools in Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. Any advice on making such plans? No intentions on making this a vacation; I have limited resources and limited time. Any and all suggestions welcome!

GC

Quote Originally Posted by loboleven View Post
    Well, I was hoping to avoid the time and expense, but I guess it was inevitable; I need to plan a recon trip. I've come close but not close enough with employers who would like me to be able to say that I have indeed visited NZ and that I am truly interested in relocating (a fair enough request on their part, IMHO). I'm looking for work in a university or polytechnic, and I would like to visit some schools in Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. Any advice on making such plans? No intentions on making this a vacation; I have limited resources and limited time. Any and all suggestions welcome!

GC
    What I did back "then" is telling potential about my plans of coming to NZ. Several of them agreed prior to my departure on seeing me for an interview. You "only" need to get it sorted along the different regions.
    For me it worked very well. And I am still with that Employer we signed contract at that time, now more than four years ago.

Hello & welcome

Can anyone recommend a travel agent to help sort out the flight/room/auto details? I spoke to someone today who told me she:
    1. Did not yet respond to my email because she was very busy
    2. Did not handle international flights
    3. Felt my request for assistance was to vague to assist
    4. Did not see enough profit in my travel plans to make it worth her time

I bet there is a more accommodating agent out there. Suggestions?

GC

I'm a travel agent (well and independent on the side, working out of an agency here) but more importantly, love NZ. Need some help booking the travel?

Questions...
    Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin seem to be the locations (at least primary).
    How many days travel?
    What is your departure/home town airport?
    Range of travel dates? Length of time? Max travel budget?
    You can just Pm me too & call

-Debi