Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air NZ: LAX to AKL Sale until tomorrow

Default Air NZ: LAX to AKL Sale until tomorrow

Air New Zealand fare sale ends 16 Sep (or would they count that as today? Not sure whose time zone they use).

Only $898 (+ taxes, and the usual) from Los Angeles to Auckland. I believe that is a few hundred cheaper than usual. Can also continue to Welly, ChCh, Queenstown for add'l $100

Valid for travel commencing 23 Oct - 12 Nov 10

http://www.airnewzealand.com/terrifi...to-new-zealand

scrambling to see how much extra that would be from Ottawa

thanks for posting, i'm always on the look-out for seat sales, even if we don't go yet.. i'm trying to keep track of how low they go and when

:-)

I don't know if it's any help to you in North America, but Royal Brunei have some cheap deals from Europe at the moment.

$998 (Canadian) from Vancouver

sale ends Sept 28

for travel 19 Oct - 14 Nov 10

Quote Originally Posted by SueDonim View Post
    Air New Zealand fare sale ends 16 Sep (or would they count that as today? Not sure whose time zone they use).
    The timezone used is Pacific Standard Time

Yeah but it's via LA
    All I hear are horror stories from peeps who have had to go that way recently.

The price for the connecting flight to Wellington is no bargain especially if the price is in $US. That would be $140 NZD. I paid for a last mintue (the day before) flight at peak time in the evening from AKL-WEL via Air New Zealand and it cost me that ($140). In the morning the trip up only cost $50, and a colleague travelled back on the same flight as me but booked a couple of days earlier and got his flight for $60.

Hey guys - that is indeed a good deal, but I got my ticket from LAX to AKL for only $724 WITH TAX about a week ago. This fare is only valid on December 3, 4 and 5, which is outside their 'sale' dates and will not show up. Check out their "prices across a week" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarian View Post
    Yeah but it's via LA
    All I hear are horror stories from peeps who have had to go that way recently.
    And yet I was fine both times through there and my wife had no complaints last week either. Not saying that is the best way, but my personal first hand experience wouldn't put me off going that way. In the past it was a no brainer due to baggage, and indeed now then with NZ1 it means that the bags stay on and so less chance of being damaged or lost which may be important to some.

Hi Duncan,
    Yours is the first positive comment I have heard for ages about LAX, perhaps you were lucky. Also you have to get a transit visa and it now costs to go through.

"British travellers to the US under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP), which allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit for up to 90 days without a visa, must get an authorisation via the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) prior to their journey.
    Visitors should register through the ESTA website at esta.cbp.dhs.gov and are advised to do so at least 72 hours prior to travel. If you do not have an ESTA you will be refused travel to the USA. The US Customs and Border Protection department began charging $14 per application for an ESTA on 8 September 2010. All payments must be made by credit card."

Too late now I booked NZ Air via Shanghai Pudhong for the 21st October now -
    what's the betting horror stories about this route will emerge now. he he he

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast