Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Devonport... The Most Expensive Place To Live In, Auckland, New Zealand

Default Devonport... The Most Expensive Place To Live In, Auckland, New Zealand

Just watched this awesome video on Devonport Wharf and wanted to share with you all.

Still cant escape the fact that Devonport (Auckland) is over 75% Europeans (mainly brits). Cant belive the property prices for what is no more than a wooden hut on a tiny bit of land!

Here is the video

The Wharf - The Gateway to Devonport
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVnIwEOggK8

To each his own, I guess. I think Devonport is lovely, but. the film struck me as very depressing.

Fin.

I only watched a bit but liked the speeded up footage of the ferries, they look like cute toy boats! Half expected a french man to start talking over the violin: "C'etait à Devonport où j'ai rencontré Marianne...." Not quite sure what the point of the film is.

Intresting.
    Last edited by enki; 20th September 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enki View Post
    Still cant escape the fact that Devonport (Auckland) is over 75% Europeans (mainly brits). Cant belive the property prices for what is no more than a wooden hut on a tiny bit of land!
    I also found the video depressing, and was not able to make it past the second minute...maybe it got better.

Do you have a reference for:
    1) Devonport being the most expensive place to live? (The Herald just named Herne Bay)
    2) 75% of the population being European. (Is that "NZ European" eg Pakeha, or actual European immigrants. I find the latter very hard to believe.)

Quote Originally Posted by 72andsunny View Post
    2) 75% of the population being European. (Is that "NZ European" eg Pakeha, or actual European immigrants. I find the latter very hard to believe.)
    I heard that Devonport was over 50% British immigrants and, wandering around Devo, can believe it!

I too couldn't make it past 1 minute of the video - did it liven up towards the end?

Quote Originally Posted by 72andsunny View Post
    I also found the video depressing, and was not able to make it past the second minute...maybe it got better.

Do you have a reference for:
    1) Devonport being the most expensive place to live? (The Herald just named Herne Bay)
    Yes get this book: http://www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz/ - its all in there. By the way Herne Bay is a joke and has nothing to offer families just drunken sailors - lol. 75% Europeans for Devo... well if you live here you can see that its mainly UK with the odd kiwi... Pop up to Takapuna and you get mainly South Africans.

PS - The video is not depressing! You need to lighten up folks and have a glass of red wine either that or go see a psychologist and ask to look at some cards with fully pictures on so he can over analyse you - lol - Just enjoy and don't over analyse the video! Life is for living not moaning!

Sorry... it is actually 85% according to the list publication of Where to Live in Auckland :

http://www.wheretoliveinauckland.co...._book_4pg.html

Thanks for the reminder on that book. I bookmarked it a long time ago, but could not find it. Going to order a copy today

Quote Originally Posted by SueDonim View Post
    Thanks for the reminder on that book. I bookmarked it a long time ago, but could not find it. Going to order a copy today
    No worries... try your local libary as they seem to renew the data most years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast