Thread: Getting a Work Visa under Partnership

Default Getting a Work Visa under Partnership

Hi,

I will be applying for a work permit under partnership as I am in NZ. I have just submitted my ITA for permanent residency so who knows how long it will take to process. I am hoping to visit home to the UK for a holiday next summer.

On the form, I have a choice to apply for A) work visa B) work permit or C) work permit and a multiple journey work visa.

As I don't have a definate date to fly to the UK yet, can I just apply for a work permit, pay $280 and then apply for a work visa later (another $280) before I leave NZ? Bear in mind, my residency could be approved by then so may not bother. Or do I just apply both at the same time and then I won't have to worry later?

Can anyone tell me that a work permit and a multiple journey work visa costs $280 or double that amount?

I just want to make sure before I send off the form.

Cheers,
    Claire

Default Claire

The permit is $280 and the Visa is and extra $280.
    We were in the same position as you with my partners application and only applied for the permit with the plan to apply for visa IF we needed to.
    Saved us $280
    Good luck

Hi Moses - can I just ask you a quick question?? Did you tick "for applying for a work permit and a multiple journey work visa" and just paid $280 so you can leave/enter NZ when you want?

Cheers,
    Claire

Default Work permit

Hi Claire
    We just ticked the Work Permit box and left the Visa part totally blank. hence OH has his permit to work but cant re-enter the country if he leaves at present.
    N thats how to make sure he gets to his own wedding New years Eve

Are you sure you read the form right? i applied once with 1 payment and got both visa and permit for multiple entry. (however i applied from the UK)