Thread: Tree Adventures

Smile Tree Adventures

We're thinking about doing Tree Adventures with the boys (ages 9 & 7):

http://treeadventures.co.nz/

Can anyone who has done it let me know what kind of things they have for courses 1-4 and how high up they are? As the 7 year old is a bit nervous of heights.....

Also is there a cafe or shelter there for if he chooses not to do it, where he can wait while the others do it? Or maybe a nice cafe nearby or on route?

Cheers

Tia

Hi Tia,
    This is one of my fave places!! No cafe - take your own picnic and chairs/blanket (to sit on)

1-4 are quite low compared to 5-8, but nonetheless they are quite high. They do a training run first, on a VERY low one that is not part of the proper course - perhaps ask the people if he can try that and if he doesn't like it, he won't do the rest? It might be good to help him to start to conquer that fear. It certainly did it for me!

Gil
    x

My boys 11 and 9 loved it, 9yr old too short only did 1-4, height limit 140cm I think, no cafe , also BMX track with hire bikes if you fancy it.

They are great our 9 year old loved them he has done these in France and Christchurch and the UK the UK was very hard and Health and safety etc these were great we walked underneath while he was on them,
    5-9 are more challenging in physical and mental terms and even the instructors have struggled. The place is very sheltered we went when it rained and did not get wet they will love it

Thanks for the replies, it's helpful to know that courses 1-4 are still reasonably high as I can prepare him for that.

I will also bring a ton of bribes errr I mean food.....

Cheers

Tia

compared to the course i have to do in the UK with my son due to health and safety (I do not like heights) these are mild we were up 70ft+ !
    They will come and get you if you have a problem