Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OH Has been offered a job

Default OH Has been offered a job

Oh has been offered a job at whangarei hospital, and was wondering if anyone knows of good areas to look for accomodation, and potentially settle?

I would like to look at all locations that would be commutable to hospital, but obviously would love any help that would steer me away from looking at locations that would not be worth checking out from other peoples experience

Thanks in advance

David

Congratulations!

I don't know too much about the various areas in Whangarei. However I stayed twice at friends living in Sherwood Rise which is quite decent.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks J&M I'll pass on to OH

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    I don't know too much about the various areas in Whangarei. However I stayed twice at friends living in Sherwood Rise which is quite decent.
    Thanks Ralf i'll do a google earth on the area

David

Hi there - I did an educational work placement at Whangarei a couple of years ago. We very much loved the area although I personally wouldn't choose to live in Whangarei itself.

Some of the areas we loved were Ngungunguru and anywhere along the Tutukaka (sp?) stretch of coastline. There are a lot of second homes though and it is about 30 minutes drive out of Whangarei...... fab beaches.

Looking south we very much liked Waipu again probably about 30/40 minutes drive from Whangarei. Ruakaka and Bream Bay are supposed to be very nice areas.... maybe someone who knows these will be along to help....

Check out the following link http://www.whangareinz.com/

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by louloumama3 View Post
    Hi there - I did an educational work placement at Whangarei a couple of years ago. We very much loved the area although I personally wouldn't choose to live in Whangarei itself.

Some of the areas we loved were Ngungunguru and anywhere along the Tutukaka (sp?) stretch of coastline. There are a lot of second homes though and it is about 30 minutes drive out of Whangarei...... fab beaches.

Looking south we very much liked Waipu again probably about 30/40 minutes drive from Whangarei. Ruakaka and Bream Bay are supposed to be very nice areas.... maybe someone who knows these will be along to help....

Check out the following link http://www.whangareinz.com/

Good Luck
    Thanks Louloumama

I have been looking around Waipu and it does look nice, I will have a look at Ngungunguru and Tutukaka coastline

Thanks for responding

David

Louloumama, hello and welcome.

Default OH Has been offered a job

Hi
    We live in Whangarei - lots of nice areas, some not so nice! Depends on what you're looking for and how long you want to rent for (or, of course, buy!). Also whether you have children. There are lots of rental properies just round the hospital - we were at dinner with friends last night, and she works at the hospital and can walk there. There are several good ways to find out about a suburb. If you go to www,zoodle.co.nz you can find out a lot about the places - you can drill down to whangarei, suburbs or even streets and find out a lot about the properties and the residents. If you have trouble, you could try to pm me (I can't pm yet as I've only just joined this site!). Glad to give you any other help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast