Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a Case Officer, but she does not seem to read my application?!

Default I have a Case Officer, but she does not seem to read my application?!

So, I got an e-mail this week informing me I have a CO, step in the right direction at last!

However, I've already received 2 requests for information that I have already provided...

Firstly I got an e-mail asking for more evidence of being in a genuine and stable relationship such as joint accounts etc etc even though I have already provided this stuff. I was not too upset at this though as I guess the stuff I provided was from 5-6 months ago so they want more up to date material.

Today, I received a letter in the post talking about my character issues (drink-drive conviction from 3.5 years ago). Now, obviously I read up on all the character stuff before I applied, and I am well aware I need a character waiver. Therefore, with my application I provided a FULL explanation of the incident AND an application for a character waiver going through the various points mentioned in the Ops Manual (Positive contribution to NZ, strong emotional attachment etc).

But, this letter wants my 'comments' on the character issue and the letter is set out in such a way that it suggests I didn't even know about my own convictions until INZ told me!

Has anyone else been through the character waiver process? Is this what this letter is, just basically following 'the process'? I am concerned because there are simply no further comments or information I can add to what I've said already?

Advice welcome...

No experience of this but I would just write a heartfelt letter explaining everything and showing remorse for the incident. You sound very competent so just go for it - you know what to write - get to it!

Yes, even if you feel the need to slip in, 'As I already said in my previous letter...' at the beginning! (I would imagine it's just a question of somebody skim-reading, or doing what USUALLY needs to be done, even though you had jumped the gun.)

although our CO was pretty proactive, i think most of them are process driven and start at A, move to B and so on. I'd take J&M's advice.

It is not quite the same situation but I got a message after my first submission asking for a form that I was sure I submitted. As you were, I was confused so I sent a polite note saying just that. I told them that I thought I sent in the form and asked if the form I sent was the wrong one or was there something else missing. I received a nice reply telling me that yes, the form was there but it was incomplete. When I checked the form, I realized I had missed a whole section.

So you could send a polite email saying that you are confused and want to send the right information but aren't sure what that is. Most of the time that gets a good response.

What I have done is my CO an e-mail saying that I have already sent basically everything there is to know on the subject (not even including the fact I have had 1 WHV and 3 work permits and disclosed this every time) but I have attached my letter to the e-mail 'just in case it was seperated from my application for some reason'...

Trust me, I have sent a letter with the details of the incident, plenty of remorse is expressed there, and as I say, another document stating the reasons I think I should be granted a character waiver and effectively grovelling!

Hopefully I get a reply tomorrow about it but looks like I also still need to send in more relationship evidence before a decision is made (again, 3 work permits on partnership...surely the logical conclusion is that this relationship is genuine!!). Slighty concerned as we don't have anything in joint names which maybe isn't a good look, however my partner is a full time student (albeit only a matter of weeks to go) and therefore joint accounts etc were not really feasible or necessary while she has been working through uni on student loans/grants etc.

Jock - please don't take this the wrong way, but you come across slightly aggressive about it. If that comes across in your communications with your CO you may end up in mess with them.

Just an observation

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neilw71 View Post
    Jock - please don't take this the wrong way, but you come across slightly aggressive about it. If that comes across in your communications with your CO you may end up in mess with them.

Just an observation

Neil
    Sorry, it's my internet forum 'tone'. It's not my e-mail to CO tone though.

The 'no joint names' thing on partnership isn't essential, as it can be substituted by mail from official/respectable sources (e.g. banks, insurance companies, utilities, your partner's university) to each of you at that same address.

I think I remember reading about one forumite who even submitted a current blog link and very recent holiday photos to prove a relationship's current status!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast