Thread: Bedroom set needed

Question Bedroom set needed

Evenin' all

We have thrown in our bedroom set - oak, king size, very big and heavy - with the sale of our house and are now looking for a new queen set. Well, doesn't have to be brand new, but we'd like it to be of nice quality and all match. We fully intend this to be the last house and last bedroom set we buy.

We're moving in the first week of November and are in Porirua's suburbs.

Anyone got any good recommendations for some shops to go to with nice choices?

How about Big Save? We bought our Queen bedroom set from there (bed frame, 2 bedside table, dresser with mirror and tallboy), was priced up at $2,499 reduced from $2,999. I googled the name of it and found it had been on offer at $1,999 in July so they gave me it for that price. They had some other bedroom sets in there too, couldn't find any at the Porirua branch but they had a few at Paraparaumu.

Harvey Norman in Porirua had some really nice ones in there, but they were a bit more expensive.

We went here yesterday:

http://www.woodenheart.co.nz

No MDF in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
    How about Big Save? We bought our Queen bedroom set from there (bed frame, 2 bedside table, dresser with mirror and tallboy), was priced up at $2,499 reduced from $2,999. I googled the name of it and found it had been on offer at $1,999 in July so they gave me it for that price. They had some other bedroom sets in there too, couldn't find any at the Porirua branch but they had a few at Paraparaumu.

Harvey Norman in Porirua had some really nice ones in there, but they were a bit more expensive.
    Hi, thanks for this, I went to both of those places yesterday. Good to know about the Big Save in Paraparam as I was a bit uninspired by the one in Porirua.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
    We went here yesterday:

http://www.woodenheart.co.nz

No MDF in sight.
    No bedroom sets either but very nice stuff! Thanks for the link. If we need other furniture, I'll go there!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Squared View Post
    No bedroom sets either but very nice stuff! Thanks for the link. If we need other furniture, I'll go there!

If you look under the Premium Selection, Rimu there are some beds with bedside tables pictured and from the other sections it looks like they do chests of drawers. Maybe you could ask them to make you some wardrobes or a dressing table or anything else you want?

There is a similar shop here in Browns Bay and they made our bedside tables to our specifications so it might be worth a try with the Woodenheart guys.

Either way, good luck in your search.

Anneliese

Quote Originally Posted by mgbridges View Post
    If you look under the Premium Selection, Rimu there are some beds with bedside tables pictured and from the other sections it looks like they do chests of drawers. Maybe you could ask them to make you some wardrobes or a dressing table or anything else you want?

There is a similar shop here in Browns Bay and they made our bedside tables to our specifications so it might be worth a try with the Woodenheart guys.

Either way, good luck in your search.

Anneliese
    D'oh! Thanks Anneliese. I think the word "premium" scared me but I love love their "Merlot" collection, very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Squared View Post
    Give them a call - they can order stuff in and have things made to order. They definitely had solid wood beds, loads of chests of drawers, bedside tables/drawers. I'm pretty sure we saw a wardrobe, but weren't really looking for one, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
    Give them a call - they can order stuff in and have things made to order. They definitely had solid wood beds, loads of chests of drawers, bedside tables/drawers. I'm pretty sure we saw a wardrobe, but weren't really looking for one, so...
    I might go in and have a look. I have this feeling their prices will scary the cr*p out of me, but worth a look-see anyway. I know what you mean about wardrobes, not a whole lot of them here in NZ.