Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reporting US birth abroad

What about reporting the birth to NZ Immigration? I still need to do that, right? And that's done separately from talking to the US consulate?

Yes, of course. You have to go through the local procedure, and that's actually more important. Here are the details. http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...enDocument#one (Your child's birth certificate will be in English and Maori. )

Quote Originally Posted by denalipop View Post
    What about reporting the birth to NZ Immigration? I still need to do that, right? And that's done separately from talking to the US consulate?
    Your midwife/Dr, or the hospital should have provided you with the forms for that. It's a big green folder. But you don't need to inform NZIS as your PR application is complete. They aren't an immigrant after all.

Yes, we have the birth registration forms. I'll mail those today. I was just curious if I have to do anything special because I'm just a permanent resident, but INZ just told me no, so I guess as soon as I get the birth certificates, I'm done, at least until we plan to travel outside NZ (which will probably before she turns 18).

Thanks for the help!

Sorry! My eye slid straight over the 'immigration' in your latest question. Anyway, it sounds as if it's all sorted now.

Congratulations!

Hope the birth was straightforward and uneventful and that mum & babe are doing well.

How's Dunedin, are you enjoying it?

(no answer re: original question though!)

Yes everything is well. We're really enjoying Dunedin. The green, ocean, museums, music-oriented culture... definitely a nice fit for us! The town itself isn't nearly as picturesque as Nelson, but the surrounding countryside is gorgeous, to our eyes at least! We love green!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12