Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling very bad - help!

Default Feeling very bad - help!

This last week I just keep bursting into tears for no good reason. We fly out on 7th Oct and everything is looking good, but I just keep getting upset. Anyone else had similar feelings? I feel such an idiot.

This is a BIG upheaval in your life, and it would be amazing if you didn't feel on edge. For goodness' sake, don't blame yourself for being human! Of course you're not the only person to feel this way. ((()))

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    This last week I just keep bursting into tears for no good reason. We fly out on 7th Oct and everything is looking good, but I just keep getting upset. Anyone else had similar feelings? I feel such an idiot.
    Its been over a year for me and on some days I still feel that way

Hi April,

You are just experiencing what many people go through, change is scary, the unknown is something that we all fear.

It is also a massive upheaval to move your life many thousands of miles away from family and friends.

But on the positive side, its a great opportunity and something many people do not experience in their lifetime.

I left the UK in 2003 but took all the good memories with me and left the bad ones behind!

Rebecca

Yes the week before we left (over a year ago now) I was a total wreck - crying all the time for no reason! (Well apart from the fact that we were moving the other side of the world and leaving family and friends - nothing big then.........!!!!)
    Now a year later I wouldn't change a thing - we love it here, our new house, the lifestyle and even the weather (including the rain and wind - but not as cold as the UK!!)
    The night before we left we were at my mums and even watching Strictly Come Dancing made me cry - its all normal!!! Just go with it and think of the rewards when you touch down in NZ and the lovely beaches and much much better weather!
    Claire

Crying is a wonderful stress reliever -- and you MAY just have a wee bit of stress in your life at the moment <grin>. So let it out! wail away!!! I intend to!!!

I can remember a friend coming to my house about a week before the packers and I just sat and sobbed...it was suddenly beoming real and panic was setting in plus the knowledge of the fact I was leaving some very good friends and family behind. There were many many tears with each of the goodbyes in the last couple of weeks. I was crying as I left my old house for the airport hotel as were some of my good friends and my neice and neighbours who waved us off.

It is a real rollercoaster of emotion at the time, feeling sad and excited. One of my sons coined the phrase "scarcited" for the way he was feeling and all of us agreed. It does calm, once you are on your way, but the stress and tension in those final few weeks is huge. Just go easy on yourself and allow yourself to feel it and then concentrate on the good things.

(((((hugs))))))

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy123 View Post
    took all the good memories with me and left the bad ones behind!
    What a fabulous idea, I love this.

Yes, it is normal to burst into tears. Not only are you about to do something huge, but you have lots to do. It will all be worth it.

April
    Sorry to hear you are overcome with unexpected and unwanted moods/emotions - can't be easy or maybe a little disturbing/upsetting/worrying?

However, as others have said it is perfectly normal given the size of the change that is about to take place and consequence. It's great that you recognise the feelings/moods and that you are not denying or hiding them. IMHO I'd say acknowledge that you are having periods where you feel bad but don't let this 'mood' worry you, don't read too much into these mood swings, and don't dwell on them.

It is an understandable and normal emotional reaction when faced with MAJOR life changes which you have decide to make. But remember you didn't decide to go to NZ based upon a sudden feeling or mood. You decided to go largely based up a lot of THINKING, REASONING, READING, RESEARCH, DISCUSSION etc. you can't allow 'moods' or feeling bad, sad or guilty become key decision makers - especially when you know they largely emerge from (understandable) fear, insecurity and uncertainty. Your feelings might be hard to change - but set your mind on the good things, remind yourself of why you want to leave, of what you stand to gain and enjoy when you go.

Hope this stages passes quickly for you. Thanks for being honest - when I feel the same in Dec/Jan just before we go I wont feel so 'odd'. But I expect I will have a massive mix of confusing emotions.

But we are going on an adventure that will provide enormous new experiences and opportunities. It will be challenging and tough at times but hopefully it's a chance to become more alive, and live in a place that will be better suited to your lifestyle, interests, values.

Take care

HUGZ

Coming real for me too, first of the leaving parties today - I do hope I don't come over all unnecessary when asked to say a few words . . . .

Yard sale & party next Saturday the 2nd October

Packers arrive on the 12th = major eeeeeeeeeK moment !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast