Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thyroid

Default thyroid

Hi

forgot to say earlier (slightly off topic!) but my sisters golden retriever now has it too!! :

Lisa :P

Thyroxine goes for $34/1000 at 50 mcg and $38/1000 at 1000mcg. Not bad.
    Great, thanks for that
    Dinnaefash, with a name like that, you have hypertight muscles? Relax and dinnaefash .
    Hey, me, I'm relaxed as they come.... :cool :cool :cool

my sisters golden retriever now has it too!!
    What!!!! How in heavens name has the dog been able to explain..... bad moods, lethargy, memory loss, dry skin, low labido :eek , sinking thoughts into outer space and complete and utter lack of energy??

I agree dogs can be lazy and sleep a lot but :

Must get mine checked again, seem to be going through all the symptoms again, even though I am taking my tablets.

Had a look at the link and it is really useful, if you click on the drug, input your doseage etc, and how many to supply it gives you the cost to you from the pharmacy and shows the cost to the gov. Also details some cards you can get from the pharmacy to reduce the cost.

So before any of you buy them check it out to see if you can reduce the cost with a card. See how many you can get on one prescription. I know over here it is usually 3 months. But may be able to get more ie less trips for prescription, cut down costs.

Quote Originally Posted by jan
    my sisters golden retriever now has it too!!
    What!!!! How in heavens name has the dog been able to explain..... bad moods, lethargy, memory loss, dry skin, low labido :eek , sinking thoughts into outer space and complete and utter lack of energy??
    Well, if spacey behavior is a symptom, almost every dog I've ever met has a thyroid problem...

My cat was recently diagnosed as hyperthyroid, which is a very common condition in older cats (he's 10 1/2). I figured something wasn't quite right when he dropped from 8.25kg to 5.5kg. He's on medication (methimazole) and is back up to 7.5 kg. I just have to make sure that I don't mix up his hyperthyroid med with my hypothyroid one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12