Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-rays and radiologist in USA

Default X-rays and radiologist in USA

Hi, I'm new to the threads and have an urgent question.

I applied for a temporary work visa and got it back saying that the radiologist has to fill medical section with regards to my xray. The doctor originally wrote a whole letter saying their radiologists just read an xray and will not fill out any form, that my xray is fine, everything that they have on that form is normal, and to contact him with any questions.

Visa was sent back to me saying I had to have this page filled out by the radiologists. I've spent the last few days calling every hospital, urgent care, and imaging service in my city (I'm in the USA) and have been told repeatedly that NO radiologist will fill out forms, even with an xray re-done.

The visa came back to me with a letter saying to get it back to them by this Thursday - which I can't see happening. And the job I was offered is saying if I don't get to New Zealand in the next few weeks, they'll find someone else. All I need is this one page filled out... Any suggestions? Anyone else have these problems? It's pg 16 - the set of check boxes that basically say I don't have TB or anything else abnormal and then a radiologist's signature...

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm not sure. My GP signed off on the X-Ray, but I also had a second opinion letter from a radiologist. I don't recall exactly, but I believe I got a copy of the radiologist's report that was sent to the GP.

Either that, or I took the X-rays to a radiologist in the same medical group for a reading.

Not too much help I'm afraid, but I definitely was able to get a radiologist reading (a one sentence letter saying it was normal and no changes from prior x-rays). FWIW, I am in NC

All that said, I strongly suspect you can get a delay from your CO. Explain the situation and ask for additional time. I had to get additional time twice when working through MA referral.

Good luck

Hello and welcome. You'll probably get more replies from people in NZ already who have gone through this process, a bit later on.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome. You'll probably get more replies from people in NZ already who have gone through this process, a bit later on.
    Hey, I'm up. Haven't heard of anyone having this problem. The xray form is one of the easiest parts of the medical. Where are you lcoated moribug? Maybe someone can recommend an imaging center near you.

In the worst case scenario, the 1 year work permit doesn't require any medicals. And it might get you here quickly. In fact, when OH got his job here (we were on visitor visas) he managed to get his 1 year work permit the same day he applied for it.

The x-ray part is easy in NZ, too--we did our PR medicals here a few months after we got the work permit.

Good luck--hope you get your form sorted and get here quickly for your job.

When I applied for PR I took the form in with me for the radiologist to fill in on the spot. When making the appointment I made it clear what it was for and didn't have any hassles.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

I had a really big stroke of luck -

After calling most of the imaging services here (Pittsburgh, PA - for anyone who might find this helpful when looking for a radiologist), and faxing the form to several who then said they couldn't do it-

A woman in radiology at the 6th hospital I called, said that Dr. Firman's (spelling?) at the neighboring Presbyterian Hospital would do it. Sure enough, the radiologist, after some explaining, filled out the form and gave me my lab report! It will probably cost 5x as much as my last xray, but all has been shipped back to the embassy in the nick of time!

I still did not get an answer as to why not one of the other radiologists would do it - other than 'radiologists don't fill out forms...'.

Thanks again!

Odd. Glad you were able to find someone. So you will meet the deadline?

Glad you sorted it out. Do let us know how you get on.

Hello, glad you sorted it out.

In my case (I live near San Jose, CA, USA), the radiologists had no issues filling out the forms. They were very nice and double-checked they had filled all fields etc.
    They were all very interested in meeting someone making the move to NZ :-)
    And they did not charge extra to fill the forms (although my Medical Examiner did charge $100 extra for filling out all the forms).

This is where I did my x-ray: http://www.radnet.com/locations2.php?recordID=99
    2581 Samaritan Dr.
    Suites 100 and 206
    San Jose , CA 95124-4112

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast