Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: ACCA from UK...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    56

    Default ACCA from UK...

    do any one has experience of getting assessed their completed ACCA certificate from NZQA..

    actually,my application for silver fern category has been accepted and they asked me to submit documents so now i need to get it assessed from NZQA

    can any one guide me that what type of assessment they issue against ACCA?
    and do i need to have IELTS even if my education(ACCA) was totally in English can this work as evidence or not?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Welcome to the forum!

    NZQA will check that your certification is valid, and will also check the course structure. They will then compare it with similar NZ courses, and inform you of their assessment result.

    As for English ability, you will need to check with your processing branch if they will accept a letter from your study institution stating that the entire course was conducted in English. Different branches have different policy interpretations, it seems. So the best is to check with your contact person there.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,583

    Default

    Hello and welcome.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cornwall-WLG NZ-Cornwall-Auckl
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Hello
    I am CIMA member and I was assessed at level 7, AAT is level 5 so at least a 6 but I would say a 7 hope that helps

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    56

    Default

    thanks for all of you for clarifying my doubts..

    one more question

    for silver fern work permit visa ,is it necessary to send original passport to concerned embassy branch or i can send it on later stage after approval of case ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    Hello
    I am CIMA member and I was assessed at level 7, AAT is level 5 so at least a 6 but I would say a 7 hope that helps
    thanks janey..

    do u have any information for Silver fern category...?

    means should i send my original passport with documents to hongkong branch of NZ embassy or can i deffer it until case is approved for stamping?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zemien View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    NZQA will check that your certification is valid, and will also check the course structure. They will then compare it with similar NZ courses, and inform you of their assessment result.

    As for English ability, you will need to check with your processing branch if they will accept a letter from your study institution stating that the entire course was conducted in English. Different branches have different policy interpretations, it seems. So the best is to check with your contact person there.

    Good luck!
    zemien yes i have eMailed the concerned embassy person and hope so they will reply meantime..

    u mentioned that after 7 days of submitting your documents ur case was approved...is it so?they take only 7 days to decide?and when you r flying?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    230

    Default

    zeeshan: Yes they only took 7 days because I prepared everything and handed in personally. At the counter, I made sure the person verifies each document and confirms it is what they need.

    If they need more information, they'll contact you and that'll probably take more than 7 days.

    I'll be flying in less than 4 months.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    56

    Default

    zamien best of luck..

    infact i am in dubai and have to send my documents through courier so let see how much time they will take for that....

    by the wats your profession ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zemien View Post
    zeeshan: Yes they only took 7 days because I prepared everything and handed in personally. At the counter, I made sure the person verifies each document and confirms it is what they need.

    If they need more information, they'll contact you and that'll probably take more than 7 days.

    I'll be flying in less than 4 months.
    can u tell me one more thing..

    is it necessary to have medical tests from immigration authorities recommended panel doctors or we can have these tests on our own self from any registered practitioner ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •