Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: our shipping experience

We liked PSS as they were the only one who reckoned that they could pack in front of the house. Everyone else told me that it was not possible. I was also told that noone would pack the car directly from the house by Anglo Pacific and Crown. PSS managed.

The guys worked like trojans the full time they were there. We had to leave behind one thing! But we figured that it had already decided it wasn't coming as it had firstly not fitted down the stairs, then the hinges had snapped as my OH dismantled it and then a drawer collapsed...so we figured that it really wasn't meant to be.

ON arrival we had lost a single mug in the transfer, and it was the last thing in (mugs are always packed last.)

I loved the fact that the container was packed in front of us, and like others felt that this reduction in handling would mean less breakages. The goods left us and were in the container terminal half an hour later.

Good to hear all your positive reviews on PSS. Had Robinsons around today. All three company's have estimated all our stuff at diff volumes..arrgghh... Pickfords 1508, Robinsons 1308 and PSS 1074. Robinsons were the only ones who actually went into the loft to see the extras we were taking as opposed to the others who only popped their heads up there. Looks like we will have to do some major sorting to get it down to a 20ft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12