Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet Export - shipping advice needed

Default Pet Export - shipping advice needed

Hi everybody

I'm sure someone out there must have experience of shipping their family dog. We are ok with all the export forms vets kerfuffle and all that but want to know who the best shippers are. Who is going to really look after our boy. I've seen the shippers advertising alongside this forum and have made preliminary enquiries but word of mouth has to be the best recommendation.

Any help gratefully received

kind regards Stephen and Sarah in Hove

Hi! I'm not sure about shippers from UK, but as far as quarantine facilities go PetHaven is like a doggy country club...we're going to use them. http://www.pethavenkennels.co.nz/

Good luck with getting your boy squared away!

We used Airpets who were excellent for our cats but another one spoken highly of here is Golden Arrow. It's probably a good idea to speak to both and see how you feel, we visited Airpets and felt reassured that they would look after our pets as we would wish.

Hello and welcome.

Great start, thanks for the info. Will post updates on how we get on.

Default Pet export advice

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    We used Airpets who were excellent for our cats but another one spoken highly of here is Golden Arrow. It's probably a good idea to speak to both and see how you feel, we visited Airpets and felt reassured that they would look after our pets as we would wish.
    Brill, thanks for the advice we will try them out and let you know how we get on.

regards steve

We are going to use Golden Arrow in December if everything comes together, they come recommended by two people I know and seem to have a good reputation on here.

Hi Steve,

We are about to move to Auckland, and are likely going to use Golden Arrow. Our decision is mostly based on the feedback from others who have used them here on ENZ.

Also, having spoken to them, I feel relaxed that they are very learned in their field and will take good care of our Golden Retriever, making sure that she is as comfortable as possible for the long journey ahead.

We also had conversations with PetAir, who are based at LHR. They also seemed very professional.

The only difference that I could realistically draw between them is that PetAir is run by Vets and hence the blood tests etc are all arranged and done by them in your own home, whereas Golden Arrow send you the necessary information and sample pot's, leaving it up to you to make your own arrangements to get the blood and poo samples. You then send these off in the envelopes provided.

All the best
    N

Hi

We are going to use Golden Arrow to bring out our two dogs

They have a great reputation and also provide kenneling whilst we get 'pet friendly' accommodation sorted when we arrive

I also felt that they were more flexible in their approach as to finalizing crate sizes when the pets arrive

They were more than happy to chat about the whole procedure

Although they may be quite a distance from you

Francis

We used Golden Arrow from Scotland. After getting various quotes they were the most reasonable, would definitely recommend them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast