Thread: Is there a pony club???

Default Is there a pony club???

I've always been in the Pony club and until I moved UK-USA I was the pony club instructor for our region (as well as cheif bellower and catcher/supplier of hairy evil ponies ) We will be moving to Canterbury and i suddenly realise that i don't even know if A) they have Pony Club B) its anything like the Pony Club in the UK.... I love teaching kids.. they have thick skins and winge way less then grown ups!
    Also where in that region (north or west within driving distance of Chch) would be pleasent for someone who mostly smells like wet horse and sheep??? i ask because you might think that Texas was THE place to be horsey but NOT if you don't rodeo or if you saddle lacks a horn! I was very suprised that being mostly farmy was weird in some towns here

A couple of links that may help, until such time as NZ comes online later.

http://www.nzpca.org/
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Yes, there are plenty of horses and Pony Clubs in North Canterbury and Chch. There are estimated to be 5000 sport horses in Canterbury. The PCs are the same as the UK, they are members of the same association and use the same teaching methods and certificate system.

I happen to know this as I am on the committee for Amberley Branch PC and have two horse mad daughters.

We have just returned from the big yearly three day event in Invercargill, 30 teams competing for Springston Trophy.

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/2010/10/040.shtml

We are always looking for instructors so let me know if you would like more info.

Would love more info... i havent taught ponyclub for several years (not hugely popular this far south in Texas) but would love to do so again!

Canterbury area has the largest number of Pony Club members in the country. There are two clubs locally, Christchurch and North Canterbury, each of which has multiple branches. Going further north is Hurunui and south is South Canterbury.

North Canterbury consists of Amberley, Rangiora, Okuku, Kaiapoi, Belfast, Eyreton and Oxford branches. Some are very small with only a few riders, Amberley is one of the largest with about 50 riders. Ages range 6 to 21. There is quite a full calender of teams' events and we nearly always send two or more teams to each.

We have just finished our eventing season and start show-jumping next weekend, we have a derby day fundraiser in November and our annual jumping show in December. No rest for the wicked!