Thread: raised cholestrol

Default raised cholestrol

I have just got my medical back and my cholestrol is raised (5.3 normal in <5!, ldl is 3.7 should be below 3) I'm only applying for a WTR not PR yet, anyone had their application delayed because of this? its very worrying! the doctor wrote that the result although abnormal are insignificant.

Default Cholesterol

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30431

Mala
    see thread above for details of my abnormal cholesterol levels

i went to my GP and he did a letter (and gave a risk calculation based upon the QRisk Cardio Calculator) which I submitted with my ITA

I submitted some other evidence re exercise.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....256#post378256

I started taking Red Yeast tablets, walnuts, oat bran and almonds (after doing research on natural ways to lower cholesterol) every day just in case I was going to have to lower it.

As others suggested I was Medically Referred - but after the first assessment it came back cleared -so not a problem!

Check out the QRisk calculator.

Best of luck Mala V

thanks for the advice, going to go to my Gp tomorrow to get a letter supporting my raised readings, I also have my Weight watcher log to show that i am losing weight and my gym membership to show that I regularly visit the gym. everylittle helps I guess! fingers crossed

My OH had slightly raised cholesterol when he applied for his WP and PR, it caused a slight delay but he didn't need to do anything else, or submit any more information.

if you don't mind me asking, how long was the delay and were his reading similar to mine?

I don't remember what the readings were sorry, but I know it was only very slightly over the limits, soemthing that we never would have known if it wasn't for the immigration medical, didn't require any medical attention, and was quite surprising considering we eat very healthily and were training for the auckland half marathon at the time of the tests!!

It's hard to say how much it delayed his application really.... He applied for the WP and PR at the same time, in Auckland about the end of Nov/beginning of Dec 2008. He was notified about a week or two later that it was going to the medical assessor, then he received his Work Permit on the 5th Feb.

He received the approval letter for his PR on 24th June, about a week after we supplied the requested 'evidence of a continuing relationship'.

So it looks like it didn't really hold up his PR application, but held up the WP application by a month or two, depending on how long the 'standard' time for WP approval is.

GOT MY VISA ON THE COUNTER! WAS IN SHOCK! skimmed through my medical decided that they agree with doctor that the raised levels were insignificant!! off I go to hamilton! thank you all for you help and advise!

It is really good to read this. My OH has also a raised cholesterol (5.4). We are currently only applying for WP so hopefully would not be a problem. I imagine it will become an issue when we submit the ITA.