Thread: Interview Cancelled

Thumbs up Interview Cancelled

My Interview with my CO was called off at the last mintue! - Interview cancelled.

This is due to section SM20.5. I have thank mulder82, wan99, JandM for their suport on this forum. Just because of the thread " Interview necessary" I was able to convince my CO that interview was not necessar since I meet the SM20.5

Thanks again you guys for being very helpful on this forum! God bless you!

Oh, that's good news - congratulations!

Did the CO tell you how soon you can expect to hear a decision?

Oh that's interesting (clause SM20.5). I didn't get an interview too and I thought maybe my CO made a boo-boo and forgot to interview me. lol.

Congrats svssm!

can some kind soul share with me what SM20.5 is about? thanks!

SM20.5 Assessment of ability to settle and contribute

Principal applicants who:
    qualify for 50 points for an offer of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand for less than 12 months; or
    qualify for 60 points for current skilled employment in New Zealand for twelve months or more; or
    have undertaken full time study for at least two years in New Zealand that has resulted in:
    the award of a Doctorate or Masters degree, or
    a qualification in an area of identified future growth or relevant to an occupation in absolute shortage;
    have demonstrated the ability to successfully settle in and contribute to New Zealand.

Principal applicants who do not have points for any of these factors will be further assessed to determine whether they can otherwise demonstrate an ability to successfully settle and contribute or can realise their potential to successfully settle in and contribute to New Zealand.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm

Hi There,

Just would like to revisit SM20.5. :-
    I dont have a job but have a NZ qualification relevant to an occupation in an absolute skills shortage area. But I studied less than 2 years to get it.

Any chance I can get without an interview....

Cheers!

George

SM20.5 Assessment of ability to settle and contribute
    If you are able to claim points for at least one of the following criteria you will be assessed by INZ as
    having demonstrated the ability to successfully settle in, and contribute to, New Zealand.
    • You qualify for 50 points for an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand or current skilled
    employment in New Zealand for less than 12 months or
    • You qualify for 60 points for current skilled employment in New Zealand for 12 months or more or
    • You have undertaken full time study for at least two years in New Zealand that has resulted in:
    • the award of a doctorate or master’s degree or
    • a qualification in an identified future growth area or relevant to an occupation in an absolute
    skills shortage area.
    If you are not able to claim points for any of the above factors, you will be further assessed to
    determine whether you can demonstrate an ability to realise your potential to successfully settle
    and contribute to New Zealand.

Sorry, but if you did less than two years' full-time study in NZ for your qualification, then no, you don't meet the requirement.