Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoning Immigration NZ in London

Default Phoning Immigration NZ in London

For a long time we have been telling people in the UK not to use the £1-a-minute phone line given on the website, but instead, to use the number given for overseas use, which would take them through to the same people. I just went to the website to check it, and realized that the information has changed - they now tell people not in the UK to phone +64 9 914 4100, which is an Auckland, NZ, number. Depending on your phone pricing package, it might still be cheaper than the UK premium rate line, though. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ontactDetails/

Here is the number that USED to be the alternative for London INZ, in case anyone wants to see if it still works: 01344 716199.

I used the £1 a minute line, but only from work

There are plenty of options for 1p a minute from the uk to NZ from a landline.

I really can't get my head rounf the £1 a minute line as it's so 'un-kiwi'. Especially given the fact that when I called via the normal number I was convinced it was a scam number given the 15 minutes of drivel before you actually get to speak to someone or hear something rilly rilly yissful.

I know. Duncan, did you listen to it carefully enough to know what to tell everyone to press to speak to a human being?

Sadly not as I assumed I'd got the wrong number and was listening to a scam and hung up before I got there. Really, it's awful. "Stay on the line and in a short time we will tell you about visas for residancy..... In a short time we will be talking about residancy visas so please carry on listening.....flower arranging for beginners.......Please stay listening, in just 3 hours we;ll be giving you important information about residancy visas, work visas, work to residency visas, and other visas. For other visas......"

Really, I assumed it would be cheaper to fly to Auckland and just ask in person. Was certainly quicker to catch a train to London and go in, which is what I did.

Hi

Has anyone got an update on the latest UK number to call to get hold of Immigration NZ without having to call the £1 per minute no?

Thank you

Saynoto0870.com lists 01245 454448 as an alternative number. If that works, will you let us know? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post
    Saynoto0870.com lists 01245 454448 as an alternative number. If that works, will you let us know? Cheers.
    I just rung that number and it does get you through to the helpline. You stil get the message that it costs £1 per minute, but not sure if it will given the number you dial?

Let us know when you get your phone bill!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Let us know when you get your phone bill!
    shhh, I phoned from work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast