Thread: Tea Chests and Container?

Default Tea Chests and Container?

Hi everyone,

we are debating our methods of moving and wondered what peoples advice would be?

We have both furniture and misc stuff which is currently boxed in our house (books,DVDs,personal items, linen, clothes etc)

For furniture we will deffo have to container (sofa,bed,bookcase,flatpack items still unassembled)

But should we tea chest several boxes - will this ultimately save on costs?

Any advice would be good

Thanks!

Do you mean you're thinking of sending the tea-chests separately from the container? As you've got to have a container anyway, unless you have just a little too much stuff for a 20' one (i.e. you wouldn't fill a 40'), I don't think it makes sense not to just have all your belongings in it.

Thanks for the reply

The problem is that we dont really know how much stuff fills a 20 container. We dont have a car. We have furniture that fills a 1 bed flat at the moment (not studio) we have most of our furniture flat packed as we dont want to build it until we get there. The main thing we have is a 3 seater sofa, 2 arm chairs, double bed (flat packed). The rest of the stuff is all flat packed or in boxes already. We could do a sharing service but we just are curious if we could save money.

Does anyone have any ballpark figures for 20 and under shipments?

Thanks

I think you would easily fit everything into a 20' container, they are approximately 20' x 8' x8' and if your furniture is flatpacked then you would get heaps in there.
    here is my 20', 38 boxes of stuff, an estate car and a 750kg snapon tool chest.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/attachment....1&d=1287424851

we have moved a 4 bed house there and back and still had room in a 20ft container, and that includes childrens toys, bikes etc