Thread: Shipping insurance

Default Shipping insurance

Hi guys,

Just introduced myself on the Introductions board. My wife and I are moving to Auckland on 1 November.

Quick question on shipping insurance. The policy offered by our shipping company (Shore Porters) doesn't cover computer equipment or jewellery, amongst other things. Is this fairly standard?

Also, when is it too late to shop around? Our stuff was picked up yesterday and I only read the insurance small print after they left (I know, I know ) so is it too late to check out other companies? If not can anyone recommend a fairly comprehensive cover?

Thanks in advance guys.

Cayenne

Hi there, just found the answer to my questions using the search function! Please ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    Hi there, just found the answer to my questions using the search function! Please ignore.
    LOL search is brilliant

Good luck with the rest of your move!

Thanks Sophie.

If I'd known about the search function for members I'd have signed up ages ago!

Using a Google Advanced search, to search our forum, can be even more precise on some issues. (Not that we're not glad to have you as a member, you understand!)

JandM

can you give some tips/explanation on how to search using Google advanced because there is a wealth of 'sound' advice and info and I hate exploiting the good will of forum folk by repeating questions already covered
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by themilkybarkid View Post
    JandM

can you give some tips/explanation on how to search using Google advanced because there is a wealth of 'sound' advice and info and I hate exploiting the good will of forum folk by repeating questions already covered
    cheers
    You click the 'advanced search' link by the side of google search box and fill in the form- here's a link to it http://www.google.co.nz/advanced_search?hl=en

Or some people find an easier thing to do is to type in the Google box "site:emigratenz.org", then whatever you're looking for - key words, or maybe a phrase you can remember from a useful post. (It gets you the same effect as using the Google Advanced box to hunt for subject-matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Or some people find an easier thing to do is to type in the Google box "site:emigratenz.org", then whatever you're looking for - key words, or maybe a phrase you can remember from a useful post. (It gets you the same effect as using the Google Advanced box to hunt for subject-matter.)
    It depends on if you know what to look for. We've done some major investigations into insurance and the one thing that comes up is "not covered if change of route or vessel". So if your stuff ends up on a ship that doesn't make it all the way to NZ and your belongings have to be transferred to another ship, or if the ship has to change course, you ain't covered.