Thread: returning residents visa

Default returning residents visa

Just got a job and as part of it I may have to travel abroad to see customers etc etc. Does anyone know how this affects your returning residents visas? We have PR and the returning visa is valid for two years. Can I just come and go as needed. I will be in the country more than i'm out of it, so just wanted to see if anyone else has experience of this. Will mostly be travelling to Australia and occasionally the pacific islands. I just wanted to check with the wealth of experience and knowledge on here in case my new employers weren't aware of any potential problems.

out of interest what sort of job do you do? sounds pretty flash

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Does anyone know how this affects your returning residents visas? We have PR and the returning visa is valid for two years. Can I just come and go as needed....
    As far as getting to NZ is concerned then yes, you can come and go as you please for as long as your visa is valid for. When your visa is due for renewal then as long as you meet the requirements then you will get an IRRV (or equivalent).

A couple of things you will need to check out though, you may well need visas for other countries and as it will be part of business then you need to make sure that you have the correct visa type.

Also, you will need space in your passport for visas / permits so if it is nearly full you may want to arrange a new one sooner rather than later.

Ian

Thanks for all the advice has helped a lot and has put my mind at rest. Can now start my new job in the knowledge that I get back into NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    I agree!!

I thought my job was fun since I get to travel the south island regularly but you have me beat!

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    Traveling could sound interesting and fun... in the very beginning... later it starts to become fussy (vg: your wife starts to claim more presence at home to share with her your time... as that commitment demands!). Having worked as site manager and project manager for many years I can tell you that people involved in that kind of life, in most cases, have relationship problems: divorces or even an excuse for getaway from home...
    Thats why I quit that kind of job...

Or on the upside, the relationship flourishes as you both get into the groove of your life and enjoy each other rather than take each other for granted!