Thread: Sponsoring my parent

Question Sponsoring my parent

I would like to sponsor my mom to come and visit me here in NZ.

1. How and where do I get a certified true copy of my residence permit/returning resident’s visa in my passport?

2. What kind of rental agreement is acceptable.

My friend is currently just letting me rent a room in a house that he is renting.

Can he just write a letter stating my rental arrangement?

I wonder why you feel you need to sponsor your mother to visit? I believe you're American, so if your mother is the same, can't she just come in on an ordinary visitor's visa?

Ah... I just thought. Are you talking about her applying for one of the parent/grandparent multi-entry visas?

You can go to a Justice of the Peace (JP) to get a certified copy of anything.

They are listed in the yellow pages, so you can find one near you, and the last I saw mentioned on these threads, they didn't charge for the service.

Hi J and M,
    I'm not American. I'm Filipino and my mom will come from the Philippines that's why it's required for her to apply for a tourist visa and for me to sponsor her...Thanks for the info on how to get certified copy of documents. Still wondering what form of rental agreement I can get with regards to my current rental arrangement...

I don't know about the rental agreement.

In your place, I would try getting a letter from your friend, and see if that works for INZ.

Would your mother be staying with you in your room?

If so, your friend could say he knew she was coming and he agreed to that.

But perhaps someone else has some experience that would help?