Thread: NZCS Registration

Question NZCS Registration

Hi,
    I am an ICT professional with 5.5+ years of experience. I would like to know if I have to register myself with NZCS before I start working in NZ.
    Is that mandatory ?
    If yes, what are the formalities ?

Thanks

Not required, don't worry. But you might join it based on the benefits membership brings. I'm not a member but I have thought of joining it so that I can improve my chances of getting a job.

However, I have not seen a single job ad that lists "Membership with NZCS highly desirable" so I'm cynical.

Hi targetNZ,

You don't need to register. But as what zemien stated, but you can consider joining since it can benefit you and perhaps upgrade your IT skills in difference fields, but would be better once you are in NZ already or if you already got a job, since it requires a membership fee. You may check at their website for the necessary fees depending on the membership you are applying.

For the meantime, you can apply membership to Software NZ instead if you wish to, their website is www.nzsa.org.nz. Membership is for free. It is NZ's foremost Software Association, this has relationships with regional software clusters and other ICT sector groups.

I am already a member also.

They will inform you in case there are any seminars or trainings which you are interested, though there are minor fees. This will help you also in case you want to upgrade further your IT knowledge.

Thats a nice piece of info !!
    thanks