Thread: Hoover

Default Hoover

Hi again!

another question arose today - can we bring a hoover providing there is no hoover bag in it?

Thanks

yes you can it will be inspected we have brought our dyson as it is much loved and used, the majority of hoovers here are pull along ones and well known makes

Quote Originally Posted by elasticated View Post
    Hi again!

another question arose today - can we bring a hoover providing there is no hoover bag in it?

Thanks
    Are you saying that your hoover is a bagless one, or that you are going to remove the bag before shipping (both are allowed)?

MAF almost always want to check the hoover, so would ensure it is empty and clean.

If it does use bags, then it would be a good idea IMHO to ensure you have a good supply of bags for it as the same model may not be available in NZ (or at least check that they are available in NZ).

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    yes you can it will be inspected we have brought our dyson as it is much loved and used, the majority of hoovers here are pull along ones and well known makes
    We're bringing our Dyson too - nice and easy to clean the majority of parts! We'll chuck out the old filters and bring new ones though

We brought our hoover....I just hoovered and washed out the filters and stuck some piping into the nozzle and tubes to get rid of any built up fluff.

We weren't planning on taking our hoover but the packers accidentally packed it with everything else even though I had put it in a had to get to corner and told them not to!

The MAF inspector and I were rather surprised when we found the hoover in the bottom of a box containing Christmas decorations! Unfortunately the hoover was full of pine needles and dust as it hadn't been emptied for a while! The inspector gave me th option of getting it cleaned or handing it over for destruction - as we had already bought another one we took the latter option!

thanks peoples - we will remove the bag thats in. Its one of those Henry Hoover things. Not exactly the most compact thing to move so if NZ doesnt do the bags it will stay here.

We'll check with my partners parents who live in TeK

Thanks again x

We brought a dyson, just washed the filter and any parts which we could wash. MAF did not want to inspect it at all.

We didn't have time to clean our Dyson, and the movers put it to one side when they delivered our stuff in Auckland saying that it needed to be inspected.

So I stripped and washed it all out that night (releasing a few trapped foxes and cane toads probably), and as I happened to be up early the next day reassembled it while making the tea - only to get a knock at the door at 7.25am (!) and it was the MAF inspector! Who looked at the freshly assembled Dyson and declared it acceptable