Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsorship - Partnership Policy

Default Sponsorship - Partnership Policy

Dear All,

I need some clarification on my partners status and to check they are definitely eligible to sponsor me without any issues.

- She was born in New Zealand
    - Lived there until she moved to UK in 2001
    - Holds NZ passport and UK passport
    - Parents live in NZ

The bit that worries me in the forms is this:
    ----------------
    Your sponsor will need to show us that New Zealand is their primary place of residence. When your
    application is made and assessed they should:
    hold a valid Australian passport, or

hold a New Zealand residence permit or returning resident’s visa which was issued on the basis

that they held an Australian Permanent Residence Visa or an Australian Resident Return Visa.

-----------------------

She has been living in the UK since 2001 and NZ will only be her primary place of residence when I have my application approved. She is desperate to move back and start a new life there together. We are aware that she will need to complete a police certificate check as she has been away from NZ but does she need any other paperwork? Or is the fact she is a NZ passport holder and was born there enough?

Thanks

You had me worried there as i am in exactly the same situation as you. My oh is sponsoring me through the partnership policy (he also holds both NZ and UK passports and has lived here (UK) since 2001 only difference is he was born in UK but brought up in NZ).

I think you've misread the form as I've dug mine out and it says

"if you:

- hold a valid Australian passport but do not hold a current NZ residence permit or returning reisdent's visa; or

- hold a New Zealand residence permit or returning resident's visa which was issued on the basis that you were the holder of an Australian permanent residence visa or an Australian resident return visa,

you must prove that New Zealand is your primary place of established residence.... blah blah blah... "

As she holds an NZ passport and is therefore an NZ citizen I don't think this is relevant in our situations.

Would be helpful if someone else can clarify this is correct to put our minds at rest!

I will be submitting my application in person on Monday.

Angela

Hi elasticated,

not sure where you have taken the text from above, but have a look here for details on eligible sponsors for Partners of NZ citizens/residents: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...blesponsor.htm

My OH was away for 10years before he convinced me to move back.

good luck with the application

phew...

thanks lin... panic attack over now!

no worries, all the small print can get a tad confusing.

I recently got my residence visa via partnership, and hubby hasn't lived in NZ since 1998

My OH got her residency through partnership and the last time I had lived in NZ was 1980 when I was 3 years old!

So I doubt it will be an issue!

my OH got residence thru partnership. I had been living in UK for 12 years and i didnt need a police check for me. It took 1 mth from application sending to NZ House in London to him getting approval in principal! (2005)

Thanks everyone - put my mind at rest.

Now I am confused about fees. The NZ immigration website I find a very annoying affair!

What is the fee - applying for Residence under the partnership policy? I know that you have to pay for police certificates too but I dont know how much to include in my application,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elasticated View Post
    Thanks everyone - put my mind at rest.

Now I am confused about fees. The NZ immigration website I find a very annoying affair!

What is the fee - applying for Residence under the partnership policy? I know that you have to pay for police certificates too but I dont know how much to include in my application,

Thanks
    It should be noted on the application checklist which fees you need to submit with the application.

From what I remember, I just paid the visa fee with the initial application. the migrant levy was paid after my visa was approved. Didn't pay anything extra for the NZ police checks as NZ Immigration do that. Irish police check was free.

Here's the link to the 'fee finder'. Might be worth ringing NZ Immigration to check the fees as they are due to change shortly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast