Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excitement now turning to fear!!!!!!

Default Excitement now turning to fear!!!!!!

How time flies when you are having fun!!!!!

I cannot believe that only 8 months ago we were filming with aunty beeb in Chch and decided that NZ was the place that we wanted to work rest and play.

At the time I said that (apart from the family issues that go with it) this was the easiest decision that I had ever had to make.

We found a buyer for our house, and after plenty of searching and speaking to contacts I found a job, although this was a bit of a roller coaster ride due to the fact that the psychometric test results came back and said that I was not suited to the industry that I have been in for the last 24 years!!!!!

Our buyer threatened to pull out because we could not exchange when they wanted to, so much for their promise of flexibility and understanding.

Well we are now back on track on all fronts and due to exchange next week.

As each piece of the jigsaw falls into place and the move gets near to becoming a reality more of the excitement turns into fear and my certainty seems to wobble.

Family issues have thrown a spanner in the works when it was realised that we are actually going to go through with it. Guilt trip quickly ensues.

Both Tracy and I are of the same opinion that if we were to "bottle it" we would regret it and always wonder what if.....

I am sure that the stress levels for anyone that takes this on must go through the roof at some point or other but it has to ease at some point???

Is this the normal course of event s for most people, especially with kiddlywinks(yes is the answer I am looking for btw)?

Cheers

Andrew & Tracy

Hello & welcome,
    I can identify with the excitement & fear bit too, I also made the decision and I am now in the final few weeks before lift off. Everything since making the decision to emigrate last October, has been focused upon achieving my goals & getting it done.

When is the program being shown? would love to watch it.
    All the best

That all sounds ABSOLUTELY normal - you are not alone!

I did the move on my own and I had the "Oh my god, what have I done!" moments in the last month before I came over. Since the moment I landed it hasn't crossed my mind again
    I think it's a natural reaction to such a big change in life

Thanks for this thread. I'm beginning to feel it a bit. My wife is a lot as she is especially worried about her mom (who is 80).

Nice to hear it is a normal apprehension.

The way I see it, if it works out like I think it will, fantastic. Otherwise, we give it a go for a couple of years, and move back if we must. Would be out some $$$, but will have gained great experience (in life and professionally). Will be great for the kids as well. A new culture, but not so radically different as to be too scary.

I was there 3 months ago too. We moved without jobs. I kept thinking "what on earth am I doing?" Moments of absolute terror and tears in the final weeks were interspersed with excitement.

Now I am here I wouldn't swap it!

I'm with you! Our flights are booked for November, we have no house or jobs to go to (staying with MiL though) and a whole lot of OMGOMGOMGOMG going on

I'm sure it'll work out fine in the end.... honest...!

let it be known that you are totally normal!

Yup totally normal

Ditto with the rest!

I'll be going in less than 4 months, and the fear/uncertainty/churn-in-the-stomach is starting to get to me! And I'll be going alone too!!

I was horribly sick in bed for the past 2 days and I did worry how I'd cope without family around. Well, only 1 way to find out

The absolute best part about all this emigrating thingamajig is THIS forum! It has helped me prepare for each step of my application, and will continue to be a valuable resource even when I've arrived.

So here's big hug to YOU, YOU, and YOU! Oh, and to Andrew & Tracey too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast