Thread: Verification of Work Experience

Default Verification of Work Experience

Hi everyone,

I want to ask one thing: that is, what documents are required by NZ authorities to verify work experience points claimed in the EOI? And if my previous employer is being stubborn and not issuing me work experience certificate, can I attach my appointment letter when I'd joined that organization and latest salary slip? A job description is a must for this process? Please help!!

Regards

Hello kingofspades,

to answer your question, usually they need the Original Employment Certificate to prove your professional experience. In case you don't want to give them the originals, you may give them the photocopy but have it Notarized by any lawyers in your area.

If you're company is stubborn to not give you a certificate, keep on pushing them or humbly send an email that you really need this for application to New Zealand. I hope you're company is not so selfish about each employee's dream and help give you the certificate.

An employment certificate is really the best proof of your work experience declared in your EOI.

I'm not sure if they will accept "Letters of Appointment" or Payslips of your claimed job experiences, since I haven't tried too.

If in doubt, wait for some of our fellow forumers here who will reply and maybe can answer your question if they have experiences in submitting Letters of Appointment or payslips.

These are all i can help you for now.

Wish you all the best in your application and goodluck

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I provided letters from all previous employers - although I realise this is difficult in your case.

From my understanding, they may accept your appointment letter and if you have a few payslips from the time you were working there - covering several years, that should do. Fo my proof of current employer (for obvious reasons I didn't want them to write a letter!) I sent the terms and conditions of my job offer, my first and latest payslips, my "five year service" certificate plus some other paperwork they'd sent me or written about me over the period of service. NZIS London were happy with that. I can's speak for your branch.

I provided detailed letter from my ex-employer(s) but even with that, they contacted them again. They forwarded the same letter back to them asking if the letter originated from them and on top of that also asked the following :

We are writing to seek your assistance in confirming the veracity of the attached document reputably issued by your office to Mr Bulu to help us in the assessment of a visa application. We also wish to know the below information:

Ø When did Mr Bulu commence the employment?

Ø When did Mr Bulu leave the company?

Ø What are the positions Mr Bulu used to have?

Having good rapport with your ex-employer(s) will certainly help. I also gave them heads up in case INZ contact them (which they did).

Quote Originally Posted by kingofspades View Post
    [COLOR="Green"] And if my previous employer is being stubborn and not issuing me work experience certificate, can I attach my appointment letter when I'd joined that organization and latest salary slip?
    I didn't provide any letter or certificate from an employer. Regarding my work experience, I sent NZIS London my actual work contract (and also the past ones), tax return statements (or payroll taxes if the case) and also salary slips. It was enough and my actual employer still doesn't know anything about my plans.
    Good luck

@Bulu,

your suggestion is very useful. and I will face similar situation in the future.

But I have a question to you is that, which contact person they contacted with in your case, is that the person you provied to them or they search the contactor from web themselves?