Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Packing & shipping - now in progress!

Default Packing & shipping - now in progress!

Well the PSS lads turned up at 7.30am this morning, as promised, and after a quick chat with the local RAC about a dodgy bearing some place on their truck, set about wrapping our worldly possessions.. EEK!

It was a pretty good day actually, though I regretted not having left myself a book or mag somewhere for entertainment purposes, especially once the modem was turned off. This was remedied when we did a lunch-run to the shop, however

They finished packing, wrapping and inventorying at around 2pm, but the container had already been booked for 8am tomorrow and changing the ETA was not an option. Looks like we'll be up early tomorrow too!

DD is wondering why she hasn't been home for a few days though - we're staying with my parents until we leave - so we think we'll take her along in the morning, or at least pick her up partway through the day. Might improve understanding, since simple explanations (and the handy Allied Pickfords kiddy book about moving overseas) don't seem to have worked. She is only 3 though, bless her

I am now attempting to upload piccies...

Gah! How do I link piccies from Flickr, please?

I thought I needed to use the little (img) tag button up there, but it didn't seem to work.. Help?

They're all here, anyway:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6054159...7625213522762/
    Last edited by sophiedb; 22nd October 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Um, about Flickr, I don't know - I'll be interested to find out the answer so's to be able to pass on the info when needed!

Glad to hear it's going pretty smoothly so far.

A - HA! Edited to add, I've just found Kanga saying on another thread, 'Use Flickr (it's free, you upload to them) and then insert the pics using the url on flickr .... as many as you want.'

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Oh yeah, I recognise that look Good luck for tomorrow and hope you're reunited with it all quickly

Wow, what fun you'll have UNpacking at the other end.
    I bet you thought this day would never come, didn't you?
    x x

SophieB: Only on this forum would you find a bunch of people envious at the sight of your worldly possessions packed and piled into boxes! Can't wait until it's our turn...hope everything goes smoothly for you as you embark on this giant adventure.

Amy

If you right click on the picture in flickr and then 'properties' then you see a URL. Paste that into the box that pops up on here when you press the yellow mountain icon. Bingo.

Well done you - we are waiting for the boxes this end and its just as daunting / scary.

At least you have your workstation intact

WOW how much fun does that look Only two weeks and it will be us, must remember to take photos too just so I can remember how mad it all is. Best of luck, when do you fly ??? DD here will be 4 when we are on the flights and all she can remember is that she going to get cake on the plane

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast