Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is NZQA Assessment required?

Unhappy Is NZQA Assessment required?

Hi Everyone!

I just received my ITA today and I'm really confused. I'm a computer science graduate in one of the institutions and countries listed in List of qualifications Exempt from Assessment. However in the checklist they sent me it states:

"Full NZQA Assessment of your Qualification, if you are claiming bonus points"

Does this mean, I have no choice but to get NZQA assessed? If so, what's the point of the exemption from assessment list?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by anonimoose View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I just received my ITA today and I'm really confused. I'm a computer science graduate in one of the institutions and countries listed in List of qualifications Exempt from Assessment. However in the checklist they sent me it states:

"Full NZQA Assessment of your Qualification, if you are claiming bonus points"

Does this mean, I have no choice but to get NZQA assessed? If so, what's the point of the exemption from assessment list?

TIA
    Hi,

I hope I can be of some kindof help here.
    I received ITA sometime back in end 2008. This info may be a bit outdated, however I doubt there are much changes since then. Yes I'm afraid that you will need to get NZQA accessed.

I have a Bachelor in Information Technology from one of the institutions listed in List of qualifications Exempt from Assessment. I emailed my EOI officer to confirm if I need to get an assessment from NZQA.

Heres the reply:

Regarding NZQA report, if you can not obtain report stating degree level 7 so I do not suggest you to lodge application as you will not be award bonus points both qualification and work esxperience in AASS, that means EOI does not meet the selection criteria, we can not consider your work experience if your qualification does not meet requirement on LTSSL.

I am sorry but I think you have to go through this NZQA assessment process, if you want to claim the bonus point, as jojojo already mentioned.

I hope this helps others who are/will be on the same predicament, I got a word from the VO who sent me the ITA that NZQA is no longer necessary in my case.

Good to know

You have to go through the full NZQA assessment process

If the profession on the LTSSL that you are claimning points for states that you need to have a degree, then you will need to be assessed by NZQA regardless.

Ok this is really confusing me.. If getting NZQA only for the purpose of claiming bonus points? Can I go and still lodge my application even if I don't have NZQA, just not claiming bonus points? Even without my bonus points, I'm still more than 100 points.

Thanks so much for all your help.

after reading so many posts in NZQA, we emailed the bangkok branch (they were the one who sent us the ITA) to check if we need to do NZQA even though it was not mentioned in our ITA that we did that assessed.

We are claiming bonus points in ICT shortage skills, but degree says Computer Engineering

This was his reply

I would recommend you to get your qualification assessed by NZQA and submit the full assessment in lodgement stage due to the name of your major area of your study is different from NZ qualification listed on LTSSL. Your academic transcript and NZQA report will be verified once again by the case officer in the application stage

Please see think link it is quite confusing

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/

it says you don't require qualification assessment if your qualification appears on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment

then why visa officer want, may be your qualification is in different field
    and you are working in different field.

but still SMC operational manual says if you have five years of expereince
    then it is not necessary that your qualification and experience are in same
    field.

I don't know why stuff like this is still confusing at this point.. I mean I'm sure there are lots of people who have gone through this before.. if they're not recognizing the institutions and qualifications in exemptions list, then what's the point of having the list right? I'd like to get this straight before I lodge my application on January (and start with NZQA, in case, asap because it'll take a while to get the result) but 700+NZD is not a joke so if I can get through without it that will be a big relief.

I sent another inquiry to the VO from Shanghai branch but no response yet. Hope someone can clarify this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast