Thread: Arrived Safely

Default Arrived Safely

Hi all,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get online here again. We arrived 3 weeks ago and just have been so busy. It seems like we have been here for ages really and not just 3 weeks!

I have to say we are one of the lucky ones in that DH is from NZ and so his family are here to help and welcome us which is a huge bonus. His sis and her two kiddies the same age as mine live in the same town as us and the in laws about 1.5 hours away. They have recently retired so spend alot of time now up here!

On our first week we found a house to rent. Actually it was the first day. Its a lovely new build so nice and clean. I just CANT wait for my container to arrive to fill it! At the moment we are mad busy running around all the garage sales getting little bits and pieces too to replace items we had to leave behind in Ireland for the renters.. We are planning on building here in the next few years so not buying anything good yet. I really miss my washing machine at the moment - its in the container and cant get here sooner!

Has anyone else heard of a delay in Auckland customs when ship arrives? Our container is due to arrive on Friday - what timescale should we expect before its free to be delivered to us?

Our flight over here was eventful enough with two smallies.. 18mths and 4yrs.. Tough going what with emotions and everything but had a huge welcoming party when we arrived at our final destination in NZ. My little 18mth old is suffering though still I think from the upheaval. Waking every night screaming and hard to settle. Anyone else experience anything like this with young ones?

Summer has come for the Labour weekend up here in Northland so its all good - but no doubt next week will be cold again (well i cant really say cold anymore as its not that bad!!)

Not much else - just job interviewing , getting cars, and sorting bits and pieces out..
    But we are here now and feel grand so far

Congrats on your safe arrival, and finding a house so fast. We arrived on the 19th Sept and are eagerly awaiting our container! Our ship was delayed by 10 days due to bad weather, and then we found out that Crowns hadn't done all our paperwork so I don't know how long you will have to wait - some friends of ours had their delivery 3 days after the boat docked, the MAF man came to their house!

Good luck - loving the labour weekend weather here.

welcome Nap, glad to hear all is going well.

Congratulations, and all the best for the rest of your new arrangements.

Welcome to New Zealand! So great for you that you have a built-in support network here.

Welcome Nap I had to wait a week for MAF to have a look at one of my items, so I'm sure you won't have to wait too long!

Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy your new home!!!

Glad to hear that you have arrived safely to a great support network. We were not in Auckland, but in Christchurch and it took a week and two days after arriving to be released, but MAF wanted to look at a lot of our stuff.

Thanks all..

Roll on the container!

Welcome home NAP.. :Cheers