Thread: GP visit - combining issues?

Default GP visit - combining issues?

Okay, I know this sounds a little weird to some of you, but I'm a working holidaymaker here, so not covered by healthcare for citizens, and my budget is really tight at the moment. There are 3 issues I need to visit a GP for at the moment - a Gardasil jab, gastric problems, and also to obtain my medicals for application for a student visa. And a GP visit here costs at least $60 for consultation alone. Do you think it'd be viable to combine all 3 into one GP visit to save on the consultation costs, as I don't need lots of counselling? (I already know what I need for my gastric problems and jab, having done it before - I just need a GP for it).

Combining the jab and the gastro thing shouldn't be a problem - however, while they MIGHT do the immigration medical on the same day for convenience, they definitely won't include it in the same price. It's quite a lengthy and expensive process - I think I paid about $350 including the x-rays and the blood test, and I take it that's on the cheap side.

Just give them a call and ask.

yes a medical doesnt come under a 'usual consultaton'. it has its own fee -as has been mentioned, is a longer consultation.
    practice nurses can give the gardasil injection, but the doctor could also give it during the consultation for your 'gastric problems' however, this is usually frowned upon, as its really 2 different things, but could be done at a docotrs own discretion, as it would end up costing you quite a lot!
    its pays to ring round for the medical consultation fees, as they vary from practice to practice.
    j

Do call around and ask. We just had our medicals re-done as we applied for PR. (we are here on a wtr) Our medical consult was $100, labs $100 and xray $100. On a side note, even though we are on WTR and eligible for medical cover, the immigration medicals are NOT covered by the fees. Our doctor normally charges $38 for a consult but like I said, the immigration medical was ~$100 for her alone.

My doctor has a 'double appointment' rate. Seems to base a normal consult on 15 minutes of time, and so if you need 30 minutes (ie for multiple issues) then the cost is about 1.5 times the 15 minute rate. Worth discussing with them in advance.