Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got a quote from PetAir !!!!

Default Just got a quote from PetAir !!!!

Just got an email back from PetAir to take our Rottweiller with us to New Zealand and nearly fell through the floor £5581.52

I was expecting about £2000 from looking on threads of people who have sent similar sized dogs ( Labradors, alsations etc) but this is a ridiculous price, can anyone give some names of companies to contact in Manchester area. I really wanna bring my pal with us but cannot justify that sort of price, its cheaper to get our household belongings over.

Thanks

David

We've had quotes from Golden Arrow and Ryslip http://www.ryslip.com/

Both quoted less than £4k for two cats and a Dobermann, although yet to receive the paper quote from GA. PetAir were more than that plus they wanted us to pay for the blood tests etc. Ryslip give them a free snug to put in the crate.

BTW we were expecting around £2.5k for the Dobie, so dimension wise I wouldn't have expected more than £3.5k for a very large Rottie! IMO!!!

Hi

That price is mad

Just checked my quote from Petair

£5947 for 2 dogs, a flat coat retreiver & a siberian husky

We still preferred Golden Arrow & their quote was slightly less £5700 but they, in addition, gave very good boarding rates of £8 per day

It is also only in Staffordshire

Francis

Quote Originally Posted by whakapapa View Post
    We've had quotes from Golden Arrow and Ryslip http://www.ryslip.com/

Both quoted less than £4k for two cats and a Dobermann, although yet to receive the paper quote from GA. PetAir were more than that plus they wanted us to pay for the blood tests etc. Ryslip give them a free snug to put in the crate.

BTW we were expecting around £2.5k for the Dobie, so dimension wise I wouldn't have expected more than £3.5k for a very large Rottie! IMO!!!
    Thats what I thought and he is not a large rottie he is still growing so your doberman is probably taller than the little man, and they say they do not go on weight so that can't be the reason for such a price

Quote Originally Posted by francis1962 View Post
    Hi

That price is mad

Just checked my quote from Petair

£5947 for 2 dogs, a flat coat retreiver & a siberian husky

We still preferred Golden Arrow & their quote was slightly less £5700 but they, in addition, gave very good boarding rates of £8 per day

It is also only in Staffordshire

Francis
    Thanks Francis think I will give them a call tomorrow wonder if I get a discount for being my birth county

Cool, except Golden Arrow are in Shropshire

We had 4 cats to possibly bring over but just too expensive so they now have new homes back in UK

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Cool, except Golden Arrow are in Shropshire

We had 4 cats to possibly bring over but just too expensive so they now have new homes back in UK
    Oh well begins with S

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchaman View Post
    Just got an email back from PetAir to take our Rottweiller with us to New Zealand and nearly fell through the floor £5581.52
    Damn and I thought $5300.00 (approx) Canadian was a lot.

$3750.00 for plane ticket and care of our dog to Vancouver where she will be sealed up in kennel. For the final flight to Auckland.

Then $1970.00 NZD for quarantine costs in Auckland.

But our dog is only 35-45lbs..Springer Spaniel.

Have you tried Golden Arrow? I know they're not in your area, but people speak very highly of them, and several of them have felt it worth making the trip to drop their friend off.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Have you tried Golden Arrow? I know they're not in your area, but people speak very highly of them, and several of them have felt it worth making the trip to drop their friend off.
    Gonna give them a call tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast