Thread: Best way to ship within nz

Default Best way to ship within nz

Does anyone have recommendations on the best way to ship stuff locally. TradeMe auction items etc...

We have an account with Fastway where you buy a book of tickets, not sure how that would work for you. Otherwise I guess it would be parcel post and the Post Office.

Best way? Can you expand thanks. Do you mean for multiple items, bulk items, delicate items, or whether regularly. Or do you mean packing tips, best delivery companies and services or what?

I find CourierPost fast and reliable in the few times I used it. You pay a fixed price for overnight delivery based on the size of the bag, so no weighing etc. If it fits in that bag, it cost that much to ship, so it's simple for quoting buyers of an auction. You can buy the bags at any NZ Post shops and it isn't too expensive compared to regular post.

I think NZ Post web site also has an estimate calculator online if you are shipping oversized items.

My company does a lot of shipping of samples around NZ.

We use the NZ Post or Courier Post bags unless it is a very large/heavy box--then we use Bullet Freight.

Thanks all. I have a few large boxes so I will check out your recomendations.

Cheers,

If you have to ship large items to the north island there is a company called backload.co.nz where they take stuff to the north island fairly cheaply rather than return with an empty lorry.